Travelling From Chennai To Shirdi: Need Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to travel from Chennai to Shirdi by Car.
I need suggestion for below.
Best route from Chennai to Shirdi. (Is it 4 lane or 2 lane or mix)
Best hotel to stay in en-route.
Best hotel to stay in Shirdi
Best time to visit temple and crowd in the month of April or May.
How safe the road travel from Chennai to Shirdi.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Suggestion to travel from Chennai to Shirdi

Hello,
I am planning to travel from Chennai to Shirdi by Car.
I need suggestion for below.
Best route from Chennai to Shirdi. (Is it 4 lane or 2 lane or mix)
Best hotel to stay in en-route.
Best hotel to stay in Shirdi
Best time to visit temple and crowd in the month of April or May.
How safe the road travel from Chennai to Shirdi.
Thanks in advance.
Your best route is Chennai - Bangalore - Pune - Wagholi - Shirdi. Most of your queries have been answered in this below thread.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/5038-bangalore-shirdi-route-4.html

The only thing you need to worry about is crossing Bangalore, you could loose about 2 hrs in doing so.

Till Ahmednagar (Nagar in short) it is a mix of 4/6 lanes. Post that it is a wide 2 lane undivided highway. Mostly in good condition. And pretty safe through out with lot of options for food/bio breaks.

W.r.t temple timings / stay, I am unsure.

Option to stay in Shirdi: Dwarawati Bhakti Niwas. Economical, hygiene and very near to the temple.

First puja starts at 4am.

We did visit Shirdi from Pune, one can take Nasik Highway which is 4 lane Road and no much traffic jam. From Pune to Shirdi takes about 5 hrs if you take Nasik Road , then via Sangamner and Loni.

Don't stay near the Temple. we stayed in Hotel - SANSKRUTI RESORT, just 3 km from the temple and you get small cottage rooms for a family of 3-4 for about Rs 1200. You can either have your food here or can have in any other Restaurant, there are many.

Avoid reaching Shirdi on Thursday or on Saturday and Sunday because there is heavy rush.

The places to be seen at Shirdi are - Main Sai Baba temple, Dwraka Mayee, Samadhi - Baba Statue, Neem Tree, Guru Sthana( Chavadi), Hanuman Temple, Laxmi Temple and Kandobha Temple.

If the time permits you can visit famous Shani temple at Shingnapur which is about 70-75 kms from Shirdi and takes about 2 hrs.

While at Pune on your return way, you can visit 2 famous places ::::: Sant Jnaneshwar temple at Alandi which is about 15 kms from Pune. Another famous place is Narayanpur which is about one hour journey from Pune. This temple is a replica of Tirupati and very nice.

Wish happy Journey. Do share your experience to the benefit of other members who wish to visit Shirdi.

Top Bottom