Himachal Pradesh / Punjab Hill Stations: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
My parents are planning to visit HP and Punjab during the summer vacations of 2018, mostly during the month of May.Below is an itinerary. Please suggest if this holds good. Also any hotel recommendations which should not include steep climbs and must visit destinations among the places listed.

Day 1 Amritsar-Khajjar/Dalhousie
Day 2 Dalhousie local
Day 3 Khajjar-Mcleodganj/Dharamsala
Day 4 Mcleodganj/Dharamsala local
Day 5 Mcleodganj/Dharamsala-Manali
Day 6 Rest day
Day 7 Rohtang and Manali local
Day 8 Manali-chandigarh Via Manikaran

Re: HP/Punjab-Hill stations:Need help

My parents are planning to visit HP and Punjab during the summer vacations of 2018, mostly during the month of May.Below is an itinerary. Please suggest if this holds good. Also any hotel recommendations which should not include steep climbs and must visit destinations among the places listed.

Day 1 Amritsar-Khajjar/Dalhousie
Day 2 Dalhousie local
Day 3 Khajjar-Mcleodganj/Dharamsala
Day 4 Mcleodganj/Dharamsala local
Day 5 Mcleodganj/Dharamsala-Manali
Day 6 Rest day
Day 7 Rohtang and Manali local
Day 8 Manali-chandigarh Via Manikaran
I'll give you my firsthand knowledge on Booking of hotels in the hills.

I visited shimla 2 years back with my wife, and did a mistake by booking through OYO, the rate was dirt cheap, got a hotel which said 300 meters from Ridge mall road, by God on the hills climbing this 300 meters was like 3km for us in our 50's and especially from the people from Plains.

OYO rooms are provided on the top floor and the stairs are really steep, no lift. Try booking.com and mention your specific requirement before booking or better call the hotels shortlisted.

For your other queries, let the locals chip in.

Regards
Vinod

That's a pretty tight itinerary IMO considering your parents. If they are fit enough to go on without a break in between, nothing better than that! [:)]

For booking hotels, do not rely on any one website. Analyse few major ones and try negotiating directly with hotel over phone in advance. Pick the one with most reasonable rates, not the cheapest ones! Mind it, the cheapest deals are a good lure.

Thread Starter #4
I'll give you my firsthand knowledge on Booking of hotels in the hills.

I visited shimla 2 years back with my wife, and did a mistake by booking through OYO, the rate was dirt cheap, got a hotel which said 300 meters from Ridge mall road, by God on the hills climbing this 300 meters was like 3km for us in our 50's and especially from the people from Plains.

OYO rooms are provided on the top floor and the stairs are really steep, no lift. Try booking.com and mention your specific requirement before booking or better call the hotels shortlisted.

For your other queries, let the locals chip in.

Regards
Vinod
Thank you Sir . This is exactly the reason I wanted help here. Basically to know of any hotel where a senior citizen would be comfortable so that I could book it. Websites don't give the correct picture I feel.

That's a pretty tight itinerary IMO considering your parents. If they are fit enough to go on without a break in between, nothing better than that! [:)]

For booking hotels, do not rely on any one website. Analyse few major ones and try negotiating directly with hotel over phone in advance. Pick the one with most reasonable rates, not the cheapest ones! Mind it, the cheapest deals are a good lure.
Only the to and fro tickets have been booked. I still have time to work on the itinerary and can make changes/modifications based on input from you all. About hotel, point noted. Thank you.

About hotel, point noted. Thank you.
Just one more tip:
Look/ask for final all-inclusive price. After GST, they are on a rampage to charge you every damn thing over and above the regular price.
A 2000/night room on front page of website will become about 2500 at the payment page!
And if you're opting for a buffet breakfast/meal, do confirm if it's a fixed/limited menu.

Top Bottom