Query Regarding Surat - Mumbai - Shirdi Route

Thread Starter #1
Hi,good morning to all my dear friends i am completely new to this forum and this is my first post so please forgive me for any mistakes and any suggestions to improve my thread or knowledge or grammar will be really appreciated now coming directly to the point.
I am planing to visit from Surat,Gujarat to Shree Siddhivinayak temple in Mumbai in this may after that i am planing to visit Shirdi,Maharastra from Shree Siddhivinayak temple immediately after darshan in early morning and after reaching Shirdi planning to visit back to Surat,Gujarat on the next day.Now the detailed plan i am making is as follows:-
1.)Leaving Surat for Mumbai at 11pm
2.)Planing to reach Shree Siddhivinayak temple in early morning and completing darshan.
3.)Immediately leaving Mumbai for Shirdi reaching Shirdi by afternoon and then to do darshan in Shirdi and stay one night in Shirdi as first i was planing to leave for Surat immidiately afrer darshan in Shirdi than i thought travelling with family such a long trip continuously would be a hectic so planned to stay one night in Shirdi.
4.)Leaving Shirdi at 10:00 am for Surat via Shirdi-Niphad-Vani-Saputara-Chikhli-Surat route as i am quite familiar with this route
Now the main query is that i am completely new to Mumbai-Shirdi route so can anyone please suggest me a good route with plenty of road side assistance,fuel pumps and obviously a safety is a big concern than saving fuel and time and adventure as i am travelling with my family and also a thing to be noted that i will be travelling in my ford Ikon 2005 petrol model so road side assistance in case of minor breakdown is preferable and also would like to know good places for refreshments also would like to know where to park my car for darshan in Shree Siddhivinayak temple is there any pay and park facility near temple.
Any reply would be greatly appreciable please reply as soon as possible
Thank in advance.

I would suggest below route:
Mumbai - Thane - Bhiwandi (by-pass) - Kasara - Igatpuri - Ghoti (Nasik by-pass) - Sinnar - Shirdi

Road is mostly in good to very good condition, Ghoti - Sinnar section has some bad patches but low traffic and you could save some time (by-passing Nashik).
To take Ghoti - Sinnar section you need to take exit (right) at Ghoti (5-10 km after Ghoti toll plaza).

There are good food options (food courts) between Bhiwandi and Kasara.
Lots of petrol pumps through-out the route.

There are lot of parking lots just opposite temple in Shirdi, every 200-300m you will see a paid parking board.

Thread Starter #3
I would suggest below route:
Mumbai - Thane - Bhiwandi (by-pass) - Kasara - Igatpuri - Ghoti (Nasik by-pass) - Sinnar - Shirdi

Road is mostly in good to very good condition, Ghoti - Sinnar section has some bad patches but low traffic and you could save some time (by-passing Nashik).
To take Ghoti - Sinnar section you need to take exit (right) at Ghoti (5-10 km after Ghoti toll plaza).

There are good food options (food courts) between Bhiwandi and Kasara.
Lots of petrol pumps through-out the route.

There are lot of parking lots just opposite temple in Shirdi, every 200-300m you will see a paid parking board.
Thank you very much for replying can you please suggest name of some good restaurants on the way if you can and i know about parking lots in shirdi but i want to know for parking facility near siddhivinayak temple i will be travelling at 6am morning in mumbai and also i want to know at what places in mumbai i have to be aware of cops
Any reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Early morning there is no problem in parking your car at the back side of the sidhivinayak mandir. I stay 2 - 3 km away from mandir. If possible just leave your family near the mandir and later you can search the place for parking. Before 7 - 8 am there won't be any problems regarding parking. I hope i have helped you in some possible ways. I need a small help from you, its related to mumbai - surat toll booth. Could you please let me know how many toll booths i have to face and also the total charges (approx) while travelling to mumbai - surat. i will be travelling via car on 3rd May so if possible please reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please let me know how many toll booths i have to face and also the total charges (approx) while travelling to mumbai - surat. i will be travelling via car on 3rd May so if possible please reply.
If i am not wrong, then below tolls are present from Mumbai to Surat
Khaniwade - Rs.65
Charoti - Rs.60
Bhagwada - Rs.65
Boriach -Rs.55

Thread Starter #7
Early morning there is no problem in parking your car at the back side of the sidhivinayak mandir. I stay 2 - 3 km away from mandir. If possible just leave your family near the mandir and later u can search the place for parking. Before 7 - 8 am there won't be any problems regarding parking. I hope i have helped you in some possible ways. I need a small help from you, its related to mumbai - surat toll booth. Could you please let me know how many toll booths i have to face and also the total charges (approx) while travelling to mumbai - surat. i will be travelling via car on 3rd May so if possible please reply.
Hi,first of all thanks for the information now coming to your question
Toll Plaza List between Mumbai-Surat.
1.)Khaniwade Toll Plaza.
2.)Charoti Toll Plaza.
3.)Bagwada(Vapi) Toll Plaza.
4.)Boriyach(Navsari) Toll Plaza.
5.)Bhatia(Palsana) Toll Plaza.
Now if you don't mind can you please tell me that in which area in surat you need to visit so that i can suggest you from which entrance you have to enter in surat
There are total 3 entrances for entering Surat
1.)Taking Left from NH 8 at Palsana Chowkdi.
2.)Taking Left from NH 8 at Kadodara Chowkdi.
3.)Taking Left from NH 8 at Kamrej Chowkdi.
Now if you want to go in surat city you can take following routes.
1.)Left from nh8 at palsana chowkdi than after taking left at palsana chowkdi you will have to go straight than afterwards you will come at taraj village drive slowly at this point as if you are driving first time on this stretch there are sudden 4-5 speed brakers which are known to local drivers so they will completely slow down their cars and there is C shape curve here so you will not notice this and will end up rear ending a car in front of you.
Than afterwards you will come across one checkpost "Bhatia" checkpost than you will have to climb on fly over bridge after just passing the checkpost than you will come across Bhatia toll plaza afterwards you will have to climb one more flyover bridge if you want to enter into city than don't climb another flyover bridge but continue on service road than turn right at circle and than remember one old flyover bridge is there not to climb it and continue keeping your car slight right than you will see car turning right here you also have to take right turn instead going straight and you will enter surat city.

2.)If you have to visit in outskirts of city instead of driving on service road just continue onto the another flyover also after driving down the flyover you will sachin notified area gate on left than continue straight than pass by two crossroads than you will come across one small bridge than afterwards bypassing one more right turn you will see on huge dome like design at this crossroad take right and continue straight and you will enter surat city this would be convinient as you will avoid all city traffic but folllowing this both route you will have to pay toll at bhatia toll plaza.

3.)If you want to avoid bhatia toll plaza you can enter surat from kadodara chowkdi also this will take you straight to sahara darwaja
So i was asking if any particular area you want to visit than i can suggest you the best route for you
I hope this will help you.
Thanks.

Top Bottom