Request For Suggesting Route From Tiruchirappalli To Wayanad

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am planning to visit Wayanad during this weekend for 3 nights. I will be leaving trichy on 13.01.2016 early morning. I will be travelling with my wife and my 10 years old daughter. My car is Ecosport diesel. Guys please suggest the best route from Tiruchirappalli to wayanad.

Thanks in advance.

The route comes to my mind is Trichy - Thotiyam - Namakkal - Thiruchengodu - Bhavani - Gobichettipalayam - Sathyamangalam - Bannari - Chamarajnagar - Gundlupet - Sultan Bathery - Wayanad.

(or) Trichy - Karur - Kodumudi - Perundurai - Sathyamangalam & continue the above route from Sathyamangalam.

I don't think the distances are far apart. Both have pros / cons. The Thiruchengodu route will have lots of truck / bus traffic between Namakkal - Bhavani. In the other route, road conditions between Karur - Sathyamangalam is an unknown to me.

It should take about 8-9 hrs by each route.

If you like curvy roads, you can also take the Ooty route as well!

Thread Starter #3
The route comes to my mind is Trichy - Thotiyam - Namakkal - Thiruchengodu - Bhavani - Gobichettipalayam - Sathyamangalam - Bannari - Chamarajnagar - Gundlupet - Sultan Bathery - Wayanad.

(or) Trichy - Karur - Kodumudi - Perundurai - Sathyamangalam & continue the above route from Sathyamangalam.

If you like curvy roads, you can also take the Ooty route as well!
Thank you for the immediate response. Actually i like hilly roads. So i think i will take the ooty route. Whether the road condition from ooty to wayanad is good and is it safe? please reply [:)]

Thank you for the immediate response. Actually i like hilly roads. So i think i will take the ooty route. Whether the road condition from ooty to wayanad is good and is it safe? please reply [:)]
The only unknown is the route condition between Gudalur - Sultan Bathery. Remaining is decent to very good overall. The default route will be Trichy - Karur - Kangeyam - Avinashi - Mettupalayam - Coonoor / Kotagiri - Ooty - Gudalur - Devarshola - Noolpuzha - Sultan Bathery - Wayanad. You can also do Kangeyam - Palladam - Karanampettai - Annur - Mettupalayam.

Upto Gudalur there will be traffic even through late evenings (9pm/10pm). No safety issues there. The only section I feel is a bit of sparse traffic is between Gudalur - NH766 (old NH 212), in the night.

You can plan to start at 6am. Between 12-1pm, you will be in Ooty. You can have lunch in Ooty & start for Wayanad.

Top Bottom