Bangalore To Munnar: Need Route Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm planning to do a trip in December end from Bangalore to Munnar.
Could someone please suggest the best and safest route for the same.
Planning to take my Eon for the same.
[cheers]

Re: Bangalore to Munnar: Need Route advise

Bangalore - Hosur - Salem - Namakkal - Karur - Dindigul - Theni - Munnar

This is best one, can reach faster, 6 ways until Dindigul, you've got to take a right at Dindigul and after Theni, you'll see a board to take a right for Munnar.

Haven't been to Munnar but have gone in that route and roads until Theni is blissful to drive, however be cautious once you hit 2 lane highways, lots of distractions and mindless drivers in that route.

Thanks Vishwas [:)]
any suggestions for places to see in and around Munnar
I haven't been to Munnar yet, you can use tripadvisor for the same
https://www.tripadvisor.in/Tourism-g303881-Munnar_Idukki_District_Kerala-Vacations.html.

There are some lakes, Kannan Devan hills which has large tea estate, and many sanctuaries, with wide range of Fauna and Flora. Be mindful about wild elephants en route , their kingdom is situated mainly in places like those, If you're lucky you may spot a Tiger.

Bangalore to Munnar.
Bangalore - Hosur - Salem - Namakkal - Karur - Dindigul - Theni - Munnar
One way (either onward or return) I suggest to take Munnar - Udumalpet - Avinasi - Salem - B'Lore You could cover Lakkom water falls, Marayoor sandalwood forest. Roads are 2 laned till Avinashi but negligible traffic from Udumalpet till Palladam.

Capture.JPG

For places to visit check my thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/17611-weekend-destination-munnar.html

Last edited:

Top Bottom