Just came back driving Pune – Kolhapur – Narsobawadi – Kurundwad – Sainik Takali - Khidrapur.
1) As usual there are numerous diversions in bad condition between Pune and Satara
2) Satara to Kolhapur has good condition and one can maintain steady speed.
3) Kolhapur to Jaysingpur is again nice with some 3 Kms in between having single lane.
4) Road towards Narsobawadi are almost good in condition, one can maintain speed like NH on this as well.
5) Narsobawadi to Kurundwad is mix state with lots of two wheeler traffic
6) Kurundwad to Sainik Takli is again good one with lots of sugarcane fields on your side
7) Sainik Takli to Khidrapur is in mix state as few meters in between the road gets vanished and you need to offroad.
Note: - On NH4 one can pay Rs.135 at Tasawade toll and they provide exit at Kini Toll. Similarly, while coming pay Rs.135 at Kini toll and one gets exit at Tasawade. This will save Rs.1 each way as normal toll is Rs.68 at each toll (Don’t know whether this system is old, but I came to know about this yesterday)
If you are lucky enough then you can spot Ghodawat’s Lamborghini somewhere between Jaysingpur and Narsobawadi road.
While coming to Pune from Kapurhol once you descent Diveghat then you will have ample opportunity of offroading till Hadapsar. Recent rains had made roads vanish in some parts