Kottayam To Mumbai Route Query

Thread Starter #1
I wanted to know the best route from Kottyam to Mumbai. Please give the best places to stay overnight on the way.

I would say the best route would be.

Kottayam - Palakkad - Coimbatore - Avinashi - Salem - Bangalore (overnight stop) - Davangere - Belgaum - Satara - Pune - Mumbai.

Kottayam - Palakkad - Coimbatore: I am not sure about the road conditions / route. Joining NH 544 (Salem - Kochi Highway) at Angamaly is suggested by Google Maps.

Coimbatore - Bangalore : I have been on this route just last weekend. Can vouch for it. Amazing roads.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Should be good as well.

Bangalore Stay - You have lot of options. If you are planning an early morning start, you can stay inside the city. Any start later than 730am, you are better off staying along the NICE road entry/exit points. You can stay near Electronic City, for an early morning start.

If you have more than 3 days, you can do the coastal, scenic road as well. But it will be tiring with a lot of attractions to see (if with family).

Thread Starter #3
Can I skip Bangalore and go till Tumkur or Davangere?

Thanks CasualSurfer for your quick reply.

Can I skip Bangalore and go till Tumkur or Davangere?
Kottayam - Tumkur: Definitely possible. I am not aware of any good hotels to recommend stay overnight.

Kottayam - Davangere : Would be ~900kms. Could be tiring for any driver (15+ hrs of journey, although Coimbatore - Bangalore is in excellent shape). The worrying part is the driving time of Kottayam - Palakkad. Hence I wouldn't recommend to continue driving till Davangere.

If you had started from Palakkad, I would have definitely recommended to stay overnight at Hubli / Belgaum (even though 900+ kms).

Top Bottom