Travelling To Ladakh From Delhi By Motorbike

Thread Starter #1
hi mates me and 3 of my friends have decided to do a bike trip to ladakh this september. one of whom is none other than our AR Ram ji. we intend to have a 3 week trip.we intend to bring our bikes to delhi by train n then start from there. the tentative plan is as follows-
day 1 delhi - pathankot
day 2 pathankot - srinagar
day 3 srinagar
day 4 srinagar - kargil
day 5 kargil - padum
day 6 padum - parkachik
day 7 parkachik - leh
day 8 leh -
day 9 leh - hunder / diskit
day 10 hunder - agam - shyok- spangmik
day 11 spangmik - man - merak -chushul - hanle
day 12 hanle - tso moriri
day13 tso moriri - jispa / keylong
day 14 keylong - manali / beyond
day 15 mnali - delhi
day 16 buffer
day 17 buffer
day 18 board train back home
your valuable inputs needed
thanks in advance[:)]

Re: iam going to ladakh

Best Wishes.

Who is the third friend? TAI? Where is AR Ram ji? No news in these days?

Anyway, I have no idea on this route. Will look forward in future explorations.

Thread Starter #3

the other 2 guys are adv. suresh (who came with me to ladakh in 2013 ) and his brother satish.
ramji is in nenmara.

Best Wishes.

Who is the third friend? TAI? Where is AR Ram ji? No news in these days?

Anyway, I have no idea on this route. Will look forward in future explorations.
Hi Mathew

I am there still in my native town. As per the plan we four of us are leaving in September first week as SR mentioned. Very much excited and waiting for the D Day.

Hello Smooth Rider

This is a good plan, I would like to add a few pointers here. I guess you are doing this trip on your avenger. If yes few queries.

a) Which are the other 2 bikes which Ram Sir and Suresh are travelling
b) Do have a carrier if yes are you planning to load the bike with carrier in train or are you planning to assemble it Delhi
c) What time is your train reaching Delhi

Few tips from my side

a) Avenger doesn’t have kick so make sure your battery is in perfect condition if not better get a new one
b) Carry 2 extra sets of clutch plates for avenger and burning clutch was something I faced. Keep a pair of extra t
c) If possible keep a halt at Manali for bike check up
d) Check for all the req permits
e) Go for a warm and thick gloves rather than biker gloves. Get a good biker jacket add reflector stickers on your helmet and jackets also a good knee and arm protector.
f) A raincoat along with gum boots( very helpful in rohtang)

Please let me know if any other queries as I have done this trip on my avenger. Here is the pic

Attachments

Hello Smooth Rider

This is a good plan, I would like to add a few pointers here. I guess you are doing this trip on your avenger. If yes few queries.

a) Which are the other 2 bikes which Ram Sir and Suresh are travelling
b) Do have a carrier if yes are you planning to load the bike with carrier in train or are you planning to assemble it Delhi
c) What time is your train reaching Delhi

Few tips from my side

a) Avenger doesn’t have kick so make sure your battery is in perfect condition if not better get a new one
b) Carry 2 extra sets of clutch plates for avenger and burning clutch was something I faced. Keep a pair of extra t
c) If possible keep a halt at Manali for bike check up
d) Check for all the req permits
e) Go for a warm and thick gloves rather than biker gloves. Get a good biker jacket add reflector stickers on your helmet and jackets also a good knee and arm protector.
f) A raincoat along with gum boots( very helpful in rohtang)

Please let me know if any other queries as I have done this trip on my avenger. Here is the pic
Hi
Trust you are fine

We four of us are going. SR with his Avenger if he doesn't get delivery of his RE Himalayan before we leave, other two friends with RE Bullets, and me with my 9 years old Pulsar 150 Dtsi. I am taking Cramster saddle bags, Cramster tank bag, advice me whether these will be sufficient. Carrier is really necessary or what?

Few of the riding gears I have procured already.

Pro-X Pro X Motorcycle Bike Racing Riding Knee & Elbow Guard: Amazon.in: Sports, Fitness & Outdoors

Scoyco ALL Season Comfy Knuckle Protection Riding Gloves Size L Premium MC12 | eBay

Saddlebags, COLT - Saddlebags (For Raised Exhaust)

https://www.outdoortravelgear.com/product-detail/cramster-turtle-tankbag/black

Zoook_Moto69 Bike Riding Safety Gear, Armor Professional Jacket for Safe Driving: Buy Zoook_Moto69 Bike Riding Safety Gear, Armor Professional Jacket for Safe Driving Online at Low Price in India on Snapdeal

Along with the armor jacket a wither blazer will be sufficient?

Thread Starter #7
konkantrip thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. i think i will get my re himalayan in a few days time then its the one i am going to take. i had already customised my avenger long back for such a trip but alas i fell in love with the re himalayan and booked it. you had to change your clutch plate during this trip ? that's a hell lot of luggage on the avenger, mate. do post more pictures of your ride. do post your itinerary in this page so that we can do a study of it and adapt.

Procured most of the riding gears and essentials.

Waiting for the D-day

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
yeah mathew it a different route. its the suru - zanskar valley a beautiful and desolate part of ladakh which i had missed out on my 2013 trip. the district head quarter is padum. recent posts in other forums suggests that the road is purely a dirt track, but the views are awesome.200 kms might take 2 days.
ramji it seems that srinagar is hotting up again we might have to get in and out via manali if the situation doesn't improve. will sketch out a TL via manali side too..

Last edited:
Great to see this trip building up. SR and Ram the very best from my side. You 2 have been two of the greatest explorers of the TAI forum and good to see you 2 taking a challenge together. Its inspiring.

Cant wait for the trip to get over and your travel logs to begin.

BTW the North East trip is still pending.

Top Bottom