Kollur To Kottayam Route Query

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,
Wanted an idea to drive from Kollur, Mookambikambika temple to Kottayam. Please help with distance, time taken, restaurants on the way, accommodations etc.

Re: Kollur to kottayam

I don't think you may have much options other than NH 66 (old NH 17). 600+ kms. You may wish to stop at Mahe / near by for a night halt.

It will be a journey of 14-15hrs with breaks (without night halt), not to mention the nightmarish-private-buses plying in these roads.

Thread Starter #3

I don't think you may have much options other than NH 66 (old NH 17). 600+ kms. You may wish to stop at Mahe / near by for a night halt.

It will be a journey of 14-15hrs with breaks (without night halt), not to mention the nightmarish-private-buses plying in these roads.
Thanks CasualSurfer for your help. Even I was planning the same, maybe thinking of a night halt at Kannur by evening and then proceeding next day morning.

Thanks CasualSurfer for your help. Even I was planning the same, maybe thinking of a night halt at Kannur by evening and then proceeding next day morning.
If you can push a little bit further, you can also break at Bekal, sunset at Bekal. I guess you may have to start early at 5am, which may / may not be possible with family. From there on (Bekal) it is just another 3-4 hrs drive. The next day will be easy going for the family. Mangalore traffic may still be manageable between 11am-12pm (assuming you start at Bekal at 930-10am), when you cross it. Office/School going traffic of the early morning would not be there.

Top Bottom