Mumbai To Jamshedpur Trip

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

I own a TATA NANO and have planned for my first trip to Jharkhand and Kolkata, Have gone through almost all the forums and have found good amount of information, However would seek suggestion for the best available route as of now and is it okay to travel in the month of MAy as the summer would be in its peak.

Mumbai->Ahmednagar-> Aurangabad-> Jalna->Mehkar-> Karanja-> Talegaon -> Pulgaon -> Wardha -> Buti Bori -> Nagpur -> Bhandara-> Durg -> Raipur -> Arang -> Sambalpur->

After sambalpur not sure which route to choose from, different people had different experience.

Would request to provide suggestions and feedback about the road conditions and route I should avoid. My max speed will be 80-90.....

Thanks
Prabhat

Dear Friends,

I own a TATA NANO and have planned for my first trip to Jharkhand and Kolkata, Have gone through almost all the forums and have found good amount of information, However would seek suggestion for the best available route as of now and is it okay to travel in the month of MAy as the summer would be in its peak.

Mumbai->Ahmednagar-> Aurangabad-> Jalna->Mehkar-> Karanja-> Talegaon -> Pulgaon -> Wardha -> Buti Bori -> Nagpur -> Bhandara-> Durg -> Raipur -> Arang -> Sambalpur->

After sambalpur not sure which route to choose from, different people had different experience.

Would request to provide suggestions and feedback about the road conditions and route I should avoid. My max speed will be 80-90.....

Thanks
Prabhat
after karanja take the amravati route for nagpur

Thread Starter #6
When are you travelling ?
i read that you will be going for DP, I will see if I can join your trip with my family then, but before that I intent to make a solo trip. I will visit Ghatsila first (my native place) then to kolkata.

i read that you will be going for DP, I will see if I can join your trip with my family then, but before that I intent to make a solo trip. I will visit Ghatsila first (my native place) then to kolkata.
Great!

Let me know, anytime. BTW I will take a detour from Kolaghat as my native is really Haldia first and then Kolkata [:)]

So will you take your WAGon R, I will take my Nano :) I will spend just 2 days and return....
Yes ofcourse.... 2 separate cars WagonR and Nano. But my greatest fear is roads after Nagpur.

Did you gather any info on where the good patches are and where the bad patches are ?

I went through many forums and there was not a single post which gave a definite solution ![frustration]

Thread Starter #10
Till nagpur its good only 20 km patch is bad, after nagpur till raipur its smooth, raipur to sambalpir will take longer and after sambalpur till rairangpur its single lane then its smooth other then naxal area

Till nagpur its good only 20 km patch is bad, after nagpur till raipur its smooth, raipur to sambalpir will take longer and after sambalpur till rairangpur its single lane then its smooth other then naxal area
Hi Busy,

Need a little more elaboration on the bad parts-

1. Where is this 20km stretch exactly ?

2. Raipur to Sambalpur will take longer: Is the entire stretch in bad shape or in only some places in patches ?

3. Yes, I am also aware of the naxal areas but are they safe to drive in morning ? How about roads after Rairangpur ? From Sambalpur which route do you take and which road should I take to reach Kharagpur ? Or do we go to a common point and then separate ?

Lots of questions I know, but just trying to fill in the major blanks in my knowledge about this entire trip. Thanks in advance

Thread Starter #12
Hi Busy,

Need a little more elaboration on the bad parts-

1. Where is this 20km stretch exactly ?

2. Raipur to Sambalpur will take longer: Is the entire stretch in bad shape or in only some places in patches ?

3. Yes, I am also aware of the naxal areas but are they safe to drive in morning ? How about roads after Rairangpur ? From Sambalpur which route do you take and which road should I take to reach Kharagpur ? Or do we go to a common point and then separate ?

Lots of questions I know, but just trying to fill in the major blanks in my knowledge about this entire trip. Thanks in advance

I was Just following http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/11909-trip-jamshedpur-pune.html

Also one of my friend from Pune has done lot of Pune Nagpur Pune trip and it was his input about the 20kms patch which is distributed within the entire stretch. Raipur to sambalpur will take longer as there is a Ghat and most of the road is single lane so navigation will be at normal speed. I have driven on RX 100 from Ghatsila to Kolkata via Jhargram in the early hours of morning, Its not a problem during daytime. We can either split at Balasore as such You can move towards Kharagpur(WB) and i will move towards Bahragora and then Ghatsila, Else you can continue with me till Behragora and then from there you can proceed towards [MAP]Kharagpur then Haldi[/MAP]a.

Balasore is way towards the sea side. I thought after Sambalpur we will be taking the Deogarh, Govindpur, Keonjhar, Jashipur, Baharagora route !

But then again, I found from my knowledge gather that the road while passing through CG virtually disappears and turns into a lunar surface with craters than can gulp an entire car ? Any idea ?

Thread Starter #14
I am okay with the Behragora route as well, Nagpur to Raipur will be bit patchy roads probably because of the industrial belt, However it won't be that difficult to pass through, imagine I will be with my Nano and I have to be more cautious with it on those roads.

I wish if we can get in touch with someone who has covered the full or atleast some part of this total journey in recent weeks or months, Post monsoon it will be very difficult to identify roads. The other challange that I am assuming is the heat.....[anger]

Thread Starter #15
I am okay with the Behragora route as well, Nagpur to Raipur will be bit patchy roads probably because of the industrial belt, However it won't be that difficult to pass through, imagine I will be with my Nano and I have to be more cautious with it on those roads.

I wish if we can get in touch with someone who has covered the full or atleast some part of this total journey in recent weeks or months, Post monsoon it will be very difficult to identify roads. The other challange that I am assuming is the heat.....[anger]
Any Updates on the planning ?

Top Bottom