Delhi To Bangalore on 3rd Apr '16 - Need Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I would be going to Bangalore this Sunday i.e. 3rd Apr'16. I am planning to do it as a road trip with one more driver on my VW Polo (P).

I need suggestions one following things:

1. Routes and road conditions. Thinking about : Day-1 (Delhi - Udaipur), Day-2 (Udaipur - Pune) and Day-3 (Pune - Bangalore). Please share your thoughts is it doable ? Suggestions for road conditions and probable diversion if possible for better roads. If anyone did something similar or well verse with the entire route I have planned or parts. Pls give your invaluable inputs.
2. As we would be traveling with a 3 yrs old pet (male boxer) what precautions I should take ? Any hotels you would suggest wherein we can stay and stay with our dog etc.
3. As it would be over 2200 KMs journey, what do you think should be kept along side as must.

Thanks once again for your suggestion in advance [:)]

Last edited:
Hi shailinder,

I could not find any source in TAI, but the undermentioned trip done by Rohit Banglore-Lucknow in Feb., '16, and posted on Team-bhp, which I reproduce.

From Delhi to Jhansi, take YEW till Agra, then Agra Bombay Highway till Jhansi, read somewhere route around Gwalior has some 2/4 laneing being done, no update.

Hi All,

Completed the Bangalore to Lucknow run on 8-feb.
Here are the latest updates
Blore- Hyd Smooth found a very nice stop with clean bath rooms and good restaurant large parking area called Food Pyramid 25/30 km after Kurnool towards Hyd.

Hyd - Nagpur

Cafe coffee day 20 Km after Hyd. roads are very good except a 50 km stretch closer to Nagpur it becomes smooth 50 km before Nagpur. I did not find any good places to eat after CCD

Nagpur - Jhansi via Chindwara and Narsinghpur best phase fantastic high speed road well marked even in two lanes. Enjoyed the most + the Satpura forests.
Excellent veg dhabha called Jai Shriram dhabha 60 km before Sagar and 9 km after dewri towards Jansi. Clean toilets as well.
Jhansi to Lucknow good roads from Jhansi to Orai
Horrible from Orai to Kalpi due to sand trucks. Kalpi to Lucknow smooth.

Hope this helps fellow travellers.

Did not go through Kujraho as was not sure about roads in that area.

PS : Stayed in Hotel Jhansi was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice place in Jhansi has a lot of history as well.

Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries - Page 3 - Team-BHP

Mods: Not sure if this the correct way to reproduce, please edit/delete as per norms.

I have done Bangalore to Jabalpur (NH7) in Dec 2015 and Bangalore to Mumbai via Pune(NH4) sometime back. Both roads are in good condition.
Before nagpur some 100 KM patch work is done and speed of 80KMPH can be maintained.
Nagpur-Jabalpur road widening(4 lane) is happening, so some patches are rough with potholes.

Last edited:
Breaks selected by you are perfect, last year I did Mumbai - Jaipur, and in December I have done Mumbai - Bangalore. Jaipur to Udaipur is 4 lane divided highway, good road with moderate truck traffic, Route Delhi - Jaipur - Nasirabad - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur, Jaipur to Udaipur is 6 hours.

Day 2 - Udaipur to Mumbai is doable in 11-12 hours pune is + 2 hours, Route to be taken is Udaipur - Shamlaji - Modasa - Godhra - Halol - Vadodara - Surat - Mumbai - Pune. Udaipur to Shamlaji undivided highway with few bad patches, Shamlaji to Vadodara via Godhra excellent 4 lane divided road with very less traffic. Vadodara to Mumbai follow NH8 very good road with moderate traffic. Mumbai to Pune via Thane after Panvel connect to Mumbai - Pune express highway excellent road.

Day 3 - Pune to Bangalore follow NH4, excellent road 4 lane divided highway throughout except Dharwad - Hubali (some 40km)

Lots of Petrol Pumps throughout, just a suggestion try to start your journey very early morning that could save you lots of time.

Guess you have started already. Delhi-Mumbai-Bangalore route is part of Golden Quadrilateral. The roads would be good. I have used Ahmedabad-Udaipur route and it was awesome. Carved out by cutting mountains so it will be fun ride. The stopovers are perfect, will not strain you or the car. Ahmedabad-Surat-Mumbai ( Ghodbunder-Thane-Turbhe) -Pune- Satara-Kolhapur-Dharwad-bangalore highway is good as Kukku mentioned.
Food on highway dhabas will be awesome, choose them over swanky restaurants in RJ-GJ and MH. Kolhapur has some good dhabas. Just outside Pune, try to relish for breakfast at Joshi Vadewale (on left side while coming from Pune). Happy Journey and let us knownhow it went.

Thread Starter #7
Hi Friends,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Yes I have already started my journey today morning at 05:30am and reached Udaipur around 4 pm. Wanted to push little further but could not find pet friendly hotels after 200kms from Udaipur. So decided to stay at Udaipur in Dayal Hotel. They have allowed my dog with me in the same room.

Would be uploading some pics afterwards as their WiFi is not working properly.

We are planning to start tomorrow morning around 4 am from Udaipur to reach Pune by 8 pm.... Any suggestions for 2hrs of night driving? I generally don't like driving at night on highways but can't complete this stretch if don't start early.

Will keep you posted..

Good luck Shailinder, No worries about night drive, Mumbai - Pune express highway is very busy route

Hello Shailinder,

All the very best for Delhi-Bangalore road trip. Please do keep us posted about your experience, especially hotels, roads, food junctions, fuel consumption/refueling and do's and dont's.

I am also planning Dehradun-Bangalore road trip.

Regards

Udaipur to Shamlaji is curvy highway with decent road, take route Shamlaji - Modasa - Godhra - Vadodhara which bypasses Ahmedabad. There are few restaurants just before exit at Shamlaji.

@Shailindra, all the best on your trip, a really scenic route you have chosen, malvan konkan, how is your pup taking all this?

I remember we had a pom, and it was a task doing kanpur-lucknow, kanpur allahabad.

All the best.

Regards

Vinod

Thread Starter #13
Thanks Kukku. Yes indeed it was a wonderful route. Probably the best so far in this journey.

Thanks Nanofreak (Vinod) well my boxer is handling it very effectively so far.....

As of now (13:59 hrs), we are reaching Kolhapur... Let see how much time it will take to complete this journey...

Keep updating you...

NOTE : Pune - Kolhapur highway is not the best. Too much vibration and road noise. Traffic is very high in patches... In total, not a comfortable ride... Those who think this is the best one, I would suggest try some of the Rajasthan highway which I used for this trip.

Top Bottom