Route To Vaibhavwadi

Thread Starter #1
Hello all,

I am planning to visit Kolhapur from Pune and further will be heading to Vaibhavwadi. The route passes through Gaganbawda / Karul ghat.
Has anyone recently traveled in this ghat? How is the road condition?

Secondly, i will be joining NH4 from Pune side via Kapurhol road. Can anybody tell me the location of COCO pumps available on the route ?

Thread Starter #2
Just came back after completing this trip.

I have taken Kapurhol road to join NH4. This road stretch is breeze to drive, one needs to start at early morning to avoid mad rush at Saswad.

NH4 is again cool to drive with lots of diversions between Pune and Satara. The extra lane in Khambatki Ghat is almost going to complete making road somewhat wider which gives you place to overtake turtle moving trucks.

Satara to Kolhapur is again breeze with smooth tarmac. As soon as you exit NH4 and enter Kolhapur then you will encounter traffic mess in entire city. Its is skill to take out your car scratch free.

The road till Gaganbawda ghat is in mix condition. When you enter ghat section then the road is nice to drive. As soon as you descent towards Vaibhavwadi the road condition gets deteriorated (but still manageable)

Sorry for late reply err... questions.
why did you need to go to Saswad? You would have gone via Katraj or Jambulwadi tunnel.

And is Vaibhav wadi a picnic spot?

Thread Starter #4
Sorry for late reply err... questions.
why did you need to go to Saswad? You would have gone via Katraj or Jambulwadi tunnel.

And is Vaibhav wadi a picnic spot?
Actually i stay at Hadapsar so joining NH4 via Kapurhol road seems easy. Also i can save Rs.80 single way of Khed Shivapur toll Plaza [clap]

We have one of our relatives staying at Vaibhavwadi hence gone there. I also extended my trip down to Malvan from there.

Top Bottom