Driving To Hemkund Sahib: Advice Required

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning a trip from Gurgaon to valley of flowers & hemkund sahib in June. We 2 or max 3 persons to go & i have good experience of driving in hills but never got a chance to drive on this route. i am planning a 6 to 9 days trip so i am confused that out of available cars with me & my friend which is best suited for our trip. plz suggest

1. nano Cx 5K in ODO
2. Swift LXi 8K In ODO
3. Swift Dzire VDI 64K in ODO with new tyres
4. Ertiga VDI 23K in ODO
5. XUV 500 W6 with 25K in ODO

if anyone driven on Rishikesh to Badrinath route then plz also share details of road conditions.

Recently in last October 2015 drove from Rishikesh to Srinagar, due to rains road was bad at some patches between Rishikesh and Byasi, between Byasi and Deoprayag road was in decent condition, and from Deoprayag to Srinagar it was newly laid broad road (broad than before). There is a patch between Srinagar and Rudraprayag which is land slide zone but gets cleard quickly. Some 2 years back I drove till Joshimath and its a decent road.

@ praveen as you are planning in around june it will be better to go by SUV if you have one so take XUV500

Route has already been told by @Chandranath.

rest you may message me few days before starting i will provide you with fiRST hand update on road conditions during that time.

Till then
Have Safe Driving

Thread Starter #5
Driven up to Rudraprayag on that route a year and half back.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ganath-lucknow-xylo-highest-temple-world.html

You will need to park your car at Govindghat or Joshimath and trek on to Hemkund Sahib / Valley of Flowers
Thanks Chandranath, i read your thread & its awesome.

Recently in last October 2015 drove from Rishikesh to Srinagar, due to rains road was bad at some patches between Rishikesh and Byasi, between Byasi and Deoprayag road was in decent condition, and from Deoprayag to Srinagar it was newly laid broad road (broad than before). There is a patch between Srinagar and Rudraprayag which is land slide zone but gets cleard quickly. Some 2 years back I drove till Joshimath and its a decent road.
Thanks kukku_k, i hope this year i found roads in good conditions.

@ praveen as you are planning in around june it will be better to go by SUV if you have one so take XUV500

Route has already been told by @Chandranath.

rest you may message me few days before starting i will provide you with fiRST hand update on road conditions during that time.

Till then
Have Safe Driving
Thanks tachydoc, yes i am planning to take XUV but little confused as for only 2 persons its quite big, may be i will park car in Rishikes & take taxi.

i will message you few days before starting journey, any real time information can help me a lot as i have flexibility of time & i can shift travel dates.

Parveen, my sincere request dont leave your car back in Rishikesh. You will enjoy the drive up there and so will your XUV.

Also personal opinion is that the Badrinath valley where you will be travelling is more picturesque than the Kedarnath valley and specially beyond Karnaprayag and places near Heland and Joshimath area is awesome.

Dont deprive your XUV of these sights..

Also drive beyond Joshimath to Govindghat is thrilling. Have driven all the way upto Badrinath earler. Trust me its thrilling. You can take the Ertiga also if you want

Last edited:

Top Bottom