Hampi Visit: Help Planning Itinerary

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,
I am planning drive from Mumbai to Hampi with my wife and 7 yrs old daughter in last week of March.,

What will be the temperature during this period? as per many net portals, it should be around 37 degrees.
Any one who has experienced March end weather in Hampi?
Will it be too hot to move around on cycle / walk?

Re: Hampi visit : Is End of March good time?

Hi Friends,
I am planning drive from Mumbai to Hampi with my wife and 7 yrs old daughter in last week of March.,

What will be the temperature during this period? as per many net portals, it should be around 37 degrees.
Any one who has experienced March end weather in Hampi?
Will it be too hot to move around on cycle / walk?
Hello Samo,

The Sun is already on it's full glory to have it's heat felt on people, I suggest you prepare with sunscreens and liquids most of the times if you have to cycle there.

In March it will be less crowded due to examination cycle.

Hampi Visit: Help Planning For Itinerary

3-4 families incl kids & senior citizens planning to visit Hampi in the month of August. We have total 4 days in hand. Planning to visit Hospet, Hampi, Kishkinda & Chitradurga. Few questions:

1. Many temples in Karnataka have dress code. Do we need to follow any dress code to visit temples/sites in Hampi?[:)]

2. Have plan to start from bangalore to Hosapete either via train or tempo traveler which is not decided yet. As we've plan to visit Chitradurga, how's road condition from Chitradurga to hospet/hampi? Plz suggest route options.

3. As we've kids & senior citizens, would it make sense to hire a tempo traveller to visit various places in Hampi itself? If yes, do recommend any or better option.

4. Do we need a tourist guide? If yes, do do recommend any & cost.

5. Have plan to visit Tungabhadra Dam & ASI museum in Hospet. Any other places to visit in Hospet?

Thanks

Re: Hampi Visit: Help Planning For Itinerary

visit Hampi in the month of August. We have total 4 days in hand. Planning to visit Hospet, Hampi, Kishkinda & Chitradurga. Few questions:

1. Many temples in Karnataka have dress code. Do we need to follow any dress code to visit temples/sites in Hampi?[:)]
Hampi is mostly ruins. So no dress code emphasized.

2. Have plan to start from bangalore to Hosapete either via train or tempo traveler which is not decided yet. As we've plan to visit Chitradurga, how's road condition from Chitradurga to hospet/hampi? Plz suggest route options.
Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - turn right for Hospet - Hampi.

Bangalore - Chitradurga: 2.5 - 3 hrs, depending upon traffic. 4-lane NH. Excellent condition.

Chitradurga - Hospet: 2.5 hrs at-least. 2 lane carriageway. Road is patchy in many places. They are converting into a proper 4-lane. Truckers love this route (Hospet - Chitradurga). You can encounter some serious truck traffic. Wherever finished, the road is in good condition.

3. As we've kids & senior citizens, would it make sense to hire a tempo traveller to visit various places in Hampi itself? If yes, do recommend any or better option.
If you are going by train, then you can hire a Tempo Traveller @ Hampi. It will be simpler to manage if you hire one from Bangalore itself. Save all the hassle of local bus/auto to train station - train / bus to Hampi - auto to hotel - etc. My suggestion is to hire a tempo traveller from Bangalore itself. Hampi itself will consume at-least 1.5 days, if you have to do justice.

4. Do we need a tourist guide? If yes, do do recommend any & cost.
No need, brush up from Wikipedia is sure enough.

5. Have plan to visit Tungabhadra Dam & ASI museum in Hospet. Any other places to visit in Hospet?
TB Dam is near Hospet. The viewpoint has a better view & there's a bus service from the entrance, runs every 20-30min. Worth it in my view. You can't take your car inside. I haven't visited the ASI museum, so can't comment about it.

Hampi is mostly ruins. So no dress code emphasized.

Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - turn right for Hospet - Hampi.

Bangalore - Chitradurga: 2.5 - 3 hrs, depending upon traffic. 4-lane NH. Excellent condition.

Chitradurga - Hospet: 2.5 hrs at-least. 2 lane carriageway. Road is patchy in many places. They are converting into a proper 4-lane. Truckers love this route (Hospet - Chitradurga). You can encounter some serious truck traffic. Wherever finished, the road is in good condition.

If you are going by train, then you can hire a Tempo Traveller @ Hampi. It will be simpler to manage if you hire one from Bangalore itself. Save all the hassle of local bus/auto to train station - train / bus to Hampi - auto to hotel - etc. My suggestion is to hire a tempo traveller from Bangalore itself. Hampi itself will consume at-least 1.5 days, if you have to do justice.

No need, brush up from Wikipedia is sure enough.

TB Dam is near Hospet. The viewpoint has a better view & there's a bus service from the entrance, runs every 20-30min. Worth it in my view. You can't take your car inside. I haven't visited the ASI museum, so can't comment about it.
Thanks a lot. Any places to eat on way to Tumkur/Chitradurga?

Thanks a lot. Any places to eat on way to Tumkur/Chitradurga?
Unfortunately there aren't much options.

I went all the way upto Hotel Mayura. At 7am, there were 15min away from the breakfast. Decent food, decent service. A govt run place, I guess. Here is the Google location. https://goo.gl/maps/VMycQtzR9d52

I have heard about these places, but haven't been there personally.

1. Srilakshmi Bhavan for their masala dosa. https://goo.gl/maps/kRWX7WTrd1T2.

2. Mysore cafe. This is bit further than the right turn for Hospet. https://goo.gl/maps/xKhzadAkxaA2

Before Chitradurga, you get a Kamat (Sira) as well.

Top Bottom