Trip From Pune To Shrivardhan

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am planning for a weekend trip from Pune to Shrivardhan soon. I would appreciate if you can share your views on such a trip. I am particularly interested on below.
1. How was the road overall?
2. Is there any steep uphill/downhill point(s)? Recently I made a trip from Pune to Lavasa, and that trip was quite scary to me, particularly on many hairclip turning points.
3. I own Alto 800 (just 1 year completed, 3rd servicing is done few days back, total km ~7000). Will Alto be fine to make such trip.

I would really appreciate your valuable opinions.

Thank you.

Go via Mahabaleshwar - Ambenali Ghat - Poladpur road.
Road is excellent for Alto & turns are not scary like Lavasa.

Other route is via Bhor - Warandha Ghat - Mahad, yes it is scary,steep full of bad road.

Third route is via Tamihini Ghat, road is ok, and it would be shortest route from Aundh. But I would prefer Mahabaleshwar route any day.

Hi Aundh,

Do update this thread as soon as you come back. I am also planning to visit Diveagar, Shrivardhan and Harihareshwar in this month, your update will be helpful to me.

Regarding route I am relying 95% on Tamhini route.

I went to Dapoli a couple of weeks in my Nano with 4 people on board. So going on Alto should not be a problem. Roads are ok. Roadwork is going on after you cross Mulshi. But there is no traffic jam due to the work. One needs to be at 2nd or 3rd gear in ghats to have the control over the car.

I went via Tamini ghat - Mangaon - Goregaon - Dapoli.

Top Bottom