Advice For 1 Day Roadtrip (Faridabad to Neemrana)

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys.

We (me and my 5 college friends) are planning a roadtrip to Neemrana, Rajasthan. We are 2 from Gurgaon and the rest are from Faridabad. I need suggestions regarding the route, places to visit and some tips as this is going to be our first long road trip (estimated 250 km to and fro).

We would be 3 in each car, and both the cars are Swift. Trip is planned for this Sunday.

Waiting for your suggestions and advice.

Go Bhangarh and you will have some true fun. There is nothing so special in Neemrana (yaa some people find the fort jhol jugaad and all worth visiting).
Take the NH-8 and press hard on gas after Dharuhera, you won't take even 1.5 hours to reach Neemrana.

Thread Starter #3
Go Bhangarh and you will have some true fun. There is nothing so special in Neemrana (yaa some people find the fort jhol jugaad and all worth visiting).
Take the NH-8 and press hard on gas after Dharuhera, you won't take even 1.5 hours to reach Neemrana.
Hahaha, I read somewhere that Neemrana is "Romantic" during this time of the year!

Jokes apart. Which would be a better place then, Bhangarh? We haven't decided much till now and are planning for only one day trip, i.e. we leave early in the morning and return at night. I thought visiting the fort/palace (something) would be enough to spend time. Is there anything else famous in Neemrana? I am also looking for some great driving and thought NH8 would be great.

EDIT - I checked on the internet and Bhangarh is ~240 km one side. Don't you think it would be too much for a first roadtrip? I was aiming at something less than 300 km to and fro.

Last edited:
Neemrana and Romantic?!?! I never knew if romance can be found in industrial areas at the places other than hotel rooms.

So what if Bhangarh is 240 kms one way? Route is good and.. Ehh.. Just Google 'Bhangarh Fort' and you will understand why this place is worth a visit.

BTW 480 kms of highway drive isn't anything long or tiring sirji, especially when you have enough of the time, which you have.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Neemrana and Romantic?!?! I never knew if romance can be found in industrial areas at the places other than hotel rooms.

So what if Bhangarh is 240 kms one way? Route is good and.. Ehh.. Just Google 'Bhangarh Fort' and you will understand why this place is worth a visit.

BTW 480 kms of highway drive isn't anything long or tiring sirji, especially when you have enough of the time, which you have.
I read on the internet somewhere that Neemrana becomes a romantic place in this season and has lots of couples as visitors during this time. If you have visited the place before, I can safely assume that your reason would be valid. OTOH, I think you are taking "romance" too seriously! [lol]

What are the places to visit in Bhangarh? I don't think I have much time as I will leave in the morning not before 4 AM (at max.) and would have to be home by midnight. So suggest accordingly the best plan.

EDIT - Yaar Vipul. I googled Bhangarh Fort and the results were like "Top 10 Most HAUNTED places in India". I might strike that off the list if it indeed is haunted/scary. Okay, I am not that brave.

Last edited:
Bro,

Neemrana is just a commercial place. It is a small city (Kasba). Nothing to visit there as per my knowledge. You will find mostly factories and industrial area. I am wondering what you will do whole day there.

If you want to just enjoy a short drive, leave in the afternoon. Have lunch there as the place has some decent dhabas and return. Nothing else I can think of that place.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the inputs. Neemrana is striked off the list for now (maybe sometime later) and the chances of haunted Bhangarh are also less.

We might go to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary this weekend. It would be around 400 km to and fro and is the season for watching migratory birds. Any tips or suggestions for a first long trip? What all do I need to carry?

We are planning to spend the day there and return in the evening, as I have to get ICE installed on Monday [:D]. If someone has been there, do let us know the correct route and the suitable departure times.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks TSIVipul and Auto_Pilot for the suggestions. Completed the trip to Bharatpur today. Enjoyed thoroughly!

Initial plan was for Sunday but I didn't want to travel that long without an ICE Setup, so the plan was postponed to Wednesday. One of the friends could not join at the end moment, but we were already late and postponed it to Thursday. Started at 7.00AM from Gurgaon, reached Faridabad and took the Mathura road (towards Mathura) and went past Palwal, Hodal and Kosi. Going towards Delhi traffic after reaching Faridabad for Yamuna Expressway didn't make sense and we decided for the Mathura Road route. Took a break at CCD Outlet on the way, roads were so-so after Palwal but traffic was less which allowed for a good hard-footed driving. We had already clearly stated that no one would go past 100 kmph. After the flyover next to Gurudev Ashram, had to ask the locals for the route as none of us had Navigation systems (expect mobile phones). Reached Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary by 10.30 AM, as we lost way once inside Bharatpur due to a local shopkeeper's confusion regarding Bharatpur Resort and Sanctuary! [lol] Parked the cars, took a rickshaw ride through the jungle and saw lots of birds and some wild animals also. This season was for spotting migratory birds and the local guide did the job of explaining about the birds very well. Spent the entire day there, ate from a nearby restaurant (forgot the name!) and reached the Shiva Temple and then Hanuman Temple with some atta for the turtles. The Pujari made atta balls and large turtles started approaching the steps from the water for the treat. The DSLR was put to good use today. We also went to Lohagarh Fort, which was more of a museum and is not more than 3 km from Bharatpur Sanctuary. Started the return journey at 5.30PM through the same route and reached Gurgaon just now at 9 PM, after getting held up at Palwal due to small traffic jams and more dense traffic.

Kms at the Start : 37,027 km
Kms at the End : 37,454 km
Fuel Used (Tankfull method) : 35.75 L
FE (Spoilt due to spirited drive in the morning) : 11.943 kmpl
Total Distance Covered : 427 km

The other Swift also delivered similar FE figures, and clocked just about 5k km at the end of the journey. It was great for a first trip, and we enjoyed thoroughly. I don't think Neemrana would have provided a better experience than this. We were in fact short of time as there were so many places to visit.

Top Bottom