Tambaram To Tirupati

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,
I would like to share my trip from Tambaram to Thirupati. I was not comfortable to drive on my own but did it with ease. First I have to thank Mr Dhanabal who shared the route earlier.
Thanks a lot Dhanabal [clap],

I followed his guide as below on Oct second week
Vandalur -> Nazharathpet -> Thiruvallur -> Thiruthani -> Nagari -> Thirupati

To all readers its very easy to drive thru the above route. No need of any navigational system and the route has enough sign board to guide you. I opted for afternoon drive to avoid week day traffic congestion. Hardly I saw a car on my rear view mirror. But had to manage poor drivers on opposite lane driving Swifts/Dusters at > 120 KMPH. Hardly I notice commercial cabs.

Started by 2.00 P.M Tambaram. Took left side overbridge ramp (Way too Oragadam) then drove few KMs to join ORR. I drove 17 KM on this road to turn on left exit to reach Nazharathpet NH205.

After taking the above left with in few meters you will join lanes and bad roads. Crossing few more meters straight you will see a Big sign board on right side Way to Thirupati so did a right . You will then reach Thiruvallur and then to Thiruthani from here. This is a two lane road. One can travel in between 40-70 KMPH.

Thiruthani to Tirupati is an awesome journey, it has mixed lanes as few expansions are still going on. One can reach between 80 - 120 KMPH. However I did 60 - 80 KMPH to be safe. Reached Thirupati at 5.45 P.M with one stop of 15 minutes for tea/snaks. Made a halt at my relative's home and then started in the morning to visit Temple.

I had booked special e Dharshan ticket Rs 300 and completed it with in an Hour of entry. But was not a happy with the way I was allowed to get in. It was very less crowd till the Temple. Later everyone in the queues (Including all dharshan's queue) were let inside so no more queue from here, which led lot of difficulty to even walk. It was a tide of humans trying to reach the temple.

Devasthanam people were helping at the location were you dont really require any help [confused]. Sufficient drinking water and restrooms were available along the queue.

Started again at 2 P.M in the afternoon and reached Tambaram at 5.30 P.M in the evening.

Total KM 146 KM*2, Toll charges Rs 25*2 and Rs 60*2,
travel time 3.30 Hrs *2 . Couple of times AP cops stopped me but then let me go after they see my Family inside my car [:D].

Top Bottom