Chennai (TN) To Tirupati (AP): Which is Best Route?

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to visit Tirupati on coming Tuesday, 1st-Sep from Chennai. Actually I went there when I was Kid after that this is my first visit.

I don’t know about the road conditions & best routes to reach there.

So fellow TAI 'ans provide your suggestions on this.

1) Which is the best route to Tirupati from Chennai? If I plan to start from Tambaram.

2) I am planning to book RS.300 ticket - 12 Noon 1st-Sep-15. Since I haven’t driven from Tirupati to Tirumala by car as this is my first visit, so better to book hotel room at Tirupati also leave my car in hotel itself and going to Tirumala by Cab or bus. Is it ok?

My car is Duster and no.of persons 1, yes going alone.

Regards,
Dhanabal.K

Re: Chennai(TN) to Tirupati(AP) - Which is the best Route?

Hi Dusty ! You can drive to tirumala itself ! One of the Best hill roads I've driven and you can experience superb view of tirupati at night[:)]. Don't miss it !!! Regarding the route u can take thiruvallur - thiruthani - nagari - puttur - tirumala. I heard this is the best route from chennai .

Regards,
Sarath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Chennai(TN) to Tirupati(AP) - Which is the best Route?

Drive via thirutani highway it is best route with good rosd

Yes it is!! And uphill is very easy with limited hair pin bends while downhill is more fun [;)] You know what I mean! Have you already booked Darshan ?

Thread Starter #6
@ Sarath

Yesterday I checked and tickets available . today once I reach office will book it . Do I need to get pass or token while going uphill and any special rules need to follow .

Nothing sir . At Alipri Toll gate all vehicles will be checked by officials in person and get your luggages scanned . They will issue toll slip there and you can proceed uphill . Travel time MUST be 28 minutes (downhill time 40 minutes) do keep track of it ! U can park your car near Rambakicha bustand (ask around) as it has really big parking area ! There are free buses in tirumala you can use it to get to the complex from parking area. Make sure you have no electronic stuff with you ( I had a pendrive [frustration]) Carry original Id proof which you use to book tickets .

Wish you Happy and safe Journey ,
Sarath.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Made a Tirupati trip on Tuesday – 1st Sep-15.

Started from Madambakkm (Chennai) @ 2:30 AM and reached Tirupati Alipiri gate @ 5:30 AM. After all formalities done from check post and move forwarded to toll gate and collected toll receipt (paid rs.15) , checked toll receipt and found that its clearly printed to uphill minimum time is 30 minutes and should not reach before 6:09 AM then started slowly and I was able to climb 3 & 4th gear itself most of the time. Finally reached Tirumala around @ 6:15 AM.

Since there was no rush or crowed and got parking place easily. Went to checking if any rooms available in triumala itself and booked room over there and paid Rs.500+700=Rs.1200 (Including deposit which refundable).

Rs.500 Rooms are very neat and heater facility also available in room itself and slept almost 2 hours. Started to darshan from room and reached queue exactly 10:05 (since ticket booked from 10 to 11 am window) and surprised to see that no much crowed and queue was moved much quicker than expected.

Finally Darshan completed at 11:15 AM. I am so happy that to met with Lord Venkateswara .

Route considered :

Madambakkam -> Tambaram -> Perungalthur -> Vandalur -> Nazarathpet -> Tiruvallur -> Tiruthani -> Nagri -> Tirupati -> Tirumala.

Few snaps clicked

While going uphill .

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

These were clicked on the way to Chennai.
Place - Nearby Nagri
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Regards,
Dhanabal.K

Top Bottom