Visiting Kolkata From Delhi

Thread Starter #1
I am from Lahore, Pakistan. I wish to attend T20 World Cup Final to be held at Kolkata during March 2016. For that purpose i will be visiting India. Please let me guide how to proceed from Delhi to Kolkata. Is there any good bus service between these two cities. What is the travelling time and where to stay at a resonable hotel near the stadium in Kolkata.

Alternatively, what r the good express trains plying between these two cities . What is the travel time.

I hope members will guide me to make my trip a memorable. I had earlier twice visited Delhi, Agra and Chundigarh in 2004 and 2005.

regards

salim

I am from Lahore, Pakistan. I wish to attend T20 World Cup Final to be held at Kolkata during March 2016. For that purpose i will be visiting India. Please let me guide how to proceed from Delhi to Kolkata. Is there any good bus service between these two cities. What is the travelling time and where to stay at a resonable hotel near the stadium in Kolkata.

Alternatively, what r the good express trains plying between these two cities . What is the travel time.

I hope members will guide me to make my trip a memorable. I had earlier twice visited Delhi, Agra and Chundigarh in 2004 and 2005.

regards

salim
Salim,
Warm welcome to TAI and to India when you come.
Delhi to Kolkata is more than 1400 kms and though it is mostly on very good highways it is too long to have a regular bus service.
But train services are VERY good and fast. The recommended trains will be the Howrah Rajdhani Exp or the Sealdah Rajdhani Exp. Else the Howrah Duronto Express which runs non stop is also a good option.
Scheduled time taken by all these trains are 17/18 hrs. Departs at 4/5 in evening and reaches Kolkata at 10/11 in the mornings.
Let us know when you are coming. Will tell you about the Hotels too..
And pray India and Pak fight it out in the finals [;)][:)]

Thread Starter #3
Dear Chandranath

Thanks for your prompt reply . As you guided, i will travel by train. Train timing seems quite reasonable. Here in Pakistan, distance between Lahore and Karachi is 1200 km plus. We have the same type of trains here which reaches Karachi in the morning next day.

We all pray for India and Pakistan final where cricket should win .

hoping to receive more information on the subject.

regards

salim

Top Bottom