Trivandrum To Kollur Mookambika Route Information

Thread Starter #1
Hi freinds,
This is my first post in TAI and need help from valuable members. I am planing a road trip from Trivandrum to kollur with my family and i need your help in selecting the best route.

The journey will be in the last week of August or first week of September.
My plan:
Day 1 - Start early 3.00 am from trivandrum and to reach Parassini kadavu by evening and stay there at night.
Day 2- Visit the temple in the morning, start the journey to kollur by 8.00 or 9.00 am and on the way visit the Udupi temple if open. Reach Kollur mookambiak in the afternoon, Visit the temple and stay there.
Day 3 - Visit the temple in the early morning, Visit Kudajadri. Afternoon travel to Murudeshwar and came back to the hotel in the night.
Day 4 - Start the return journey.

Workhorse: Sumo Grande
Travel members: 5 adult + 1 kid.

i need information regarding best hotel (not too costly) to stay with family in Kollur and Parassinikadavu and vegetarian hotels on the way to have our food and for refreshment.
my planned route is given below, kindly provide the information on road conditions and traffic in this route. More suitable route suggestions are always welcome.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Hi sarath, i still waiting for the valuable suggestions from our members . As i mentioned previously my trip is planed on lat week of August. So suggestions are still welcome.

Hi Sg nair,

You can take the following route

Trivandrum-->Kollam-->Alappuzha-->Ernakulam-->Thrissur-->Kozhikode-->Kannur-->Kasargode-->Mangaluru-->Udupi-->Mookambika(Kollur) which takes about 780 Km.

The route you mentioned may be a bit less in length, but regarding time and quality of journey this route is not that good.

Regards,
Sarath

Thread Starter #5
dear sarath, i want to bypass the traffic of Ernakulam. During my last trip to guruvayoor, we stuck up in ernakulam traffic and took sweet 4 hour to cross. That is why i selected the route through kottayam. But i don't know the road condottion in this route.

Hi freinds,
This is my first post in TAI and need help from valuable members. I am planing a road trip from Trivandrum to kollur with my family and i need your help in selecting the best route.

The journey will be in the last week of August or first week of September.
My plan:
Day 1 - Start early 3.00 am from trivandrum and to reach Parassini kadavu by evening and stay there at night.
Day 2- Visit the temple in the morning, start the journey to kollur by 8.00 or 9.00 am and on the way visit the Udupi temple if open. Reach Kollur mookambiak in the afternoon, Visit the temple and stay there.
Day 3 - Visit the temple in the early morning, Visit Kudajadri. Afternoon travel to Murudeshwar and came back to the hotel in the night.
Day 4 - Start the return journey.

Workhorse: Sumo Grande
Travel members: 5 adult + 1 kid.

i need information regarding best hotel (not too costly) to stay with family in Kollur and Parassinikadavu and vegetarian hotels on the way to have our food and for refreshment.
my planned route is given below, kindly provide the information on road conditions and traffic in this route. More suitable route suggestions are always welcome.
Hi S G Nair,
On the way In Udupi on the Highway itself there is the Sarovar veg restaurant. At Kumbashi ( near Kundapur) you can visit the Annegudi ganpati temple with Ayappa and Nagrajavu.
In Kollur you can stay in Hotel Mahalakshmi or Mookambika palace. All hotels in Kollur are vegetarian. You can try the Adiga veg restaurant in the Mookambika palace. Even you can visit the "Sauparnika" which is a km drive from there.

Top Bottom