Hyderabad - Sambalpur Route and Advice

Thread Starter #1
I have been planning to make a trip Hyderabad - Sambalpur - Hyderabad in Ertiga.

I have went through some of the external forums and found the Hyderabad - Nagpur road is pretty good except the the border of two states where there were lot of diversion involved and some potholes on the road.

Also, I checked Nagpur - Raipur road also is good. but I am not clear Raipur - Sambalpur road.

I am planning to take my family :- me, wife, our 4 months old daughter and my mother who is 64 years old now. I need suggestions from the members on the below points.

1. What is the best place for restaurants / accomodations since I will travel with 4 months old baby.
2. Need updates on road conditions. if any of the members travelled through the mentioned route.
3. My plan is to start early like 2AM from Hyderabad and reach in the evening before 8 PM in Sambalpur.
4. What are the materials to carry in case of emergency.

Thread Starter #2
I see there around 3000+ views on this thread, so i assume many of them looking for some answers on this thread. so I thought to continue to post my experience that I had on such long drive.

Though I did not have enough information about the road condition, I still planed to drive down. It was 1111 KM one stretch which took 18 hours, this is due to mainly the road condition is pretty bad in some areas. Let me brief them.

Hyderabad - Adilabad road is good and you can cruise easily 100+ km speed. Once you reached Telengana and Maharashtra border, then the problem starts for 30KM the road is full of patches but you can drive 40-50 km speed. Be careful because the road patches are poor quality, so the pot holes again shows up after the rain and then for around 50KM road seems to be good. but later the real bad roads starts for 40 KM.

After the second bad stretch, till you reach Nagpur outer ring road road is pretty good. take the ring road on the left side and continue till 22km to reach the NH6 Raipur highway. In Raipur highway, some stretches are two lane and some stretches absolute no roads, for example after bandhara you see the road is pretty bad shape you can't even drive 20KM speed for next 4-5km. After that you see the road condition improves however, in between several places there are two lanes and one must be careful to drive till Raipur. Road construction is not fully completed so better avoid night time journey. Once you reached Chattisgarh then NH road seems to be fine but hundreds of speed breakers. so better be careful.

After crossing Bhilai, you see the real traffic starts like hell takes around 1.5 hours to cross Raipur through Outer ring road 2 & 3. It was difficult due to heavy vehicle traffic. You drive till Chhattisgarh border and get into Odisha, Oh man.. there are no roads in many places. Absolute bad shape roads and you wont drive much faster. I felt extremely bad due to bad roads in this area. However, once I reached Bargarh then roads are pretty good till Sambalpur.

Overall, some of the good things:

1. The nauture is really beautiful and one can enjoy sometime parking your car aside. but it has risk as you alone will be there on the road side.
2. Chhattisgarh people helpful.

Top Bottom