Hyderabad - Kolhapur Route Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Tomorrow we are planning to do Kolhapur trip from Hyderabad.Car is Vento TDI,which has run 75000 Km.Can you suggest me which route is best as we are planning to come back to Hyderabad by Friday.And can you tell me how much time it will take from Hyd to Kolhapur?

Last edited:
Re: Hyd-Kolhapur route suggestions

We had travelled to Kolhapur in Oct 2014. We had taken Hyderabad-Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangola-Miraj-Kolhapur road.

Hyderabad -Solapur 4 laning work in progress. If you start early you can do this in 4 hours.

Solapur -Mangalwedha-Sangola - 2 lane roads, but not much of traffic.

Roads around Miraj were very poor. Almost 25-30 kms prior to Miraj after Sangola were broken roads with huge craters.

We started quiet late from Hyderabad at around 9:30 am and were stuck in lot of traffic. It took around 11 hours for us to reach Kolhapur.

Re: Hyd-Kolhapur route suggestions

What ever Google map gives as first option (Via Vijapur) it is best option. I know that from Vijapur till Kolhapur roads are Good but not upto NH level. For Vijapur till Kolhapur you can take this route for better availability of infrastructure (Petrol Pumps, Hotels, Service stations etc): Vijapur --> Athani --> Shedbal Station --> Kagwad --> Maishal --> Miraj --> Jaishangpur --> Hathkanangala --> Kolhapur

Top Bottom