| | Chennai - Wayanad - Chennai : Route Suggestions Needed
Planned for 3Days trip to Wayand, starting on Thursday_May30(post 10pm) and returning on Monday_May4.
Planned Itinerary: Start from Chennai post 10PM on 30May and reach Wayand before 2PM next day. In return, start from Wayand on May4(6AM) and reach Chennai before 10PM.
Both "to" an "fro" planned non stop. If needed, while travelling to Wayanad, will take a nap between 3AM -5AM.
My drive: Hyundai igen20(2 years old, last service done 2 months back). I'm the one who is going to drive all through the trip.
Pax: 10-12 people(Friends) / 3 cars
Route: I've traveled twice to Bangalore 2 years back. I don't know much about the route now. Consider myself as newbie in this route.
Google Maps displayed following routes, i) via bangalore, Mysore ii) via: Dharmapuri ii) Salem, Sathyamangalam. There won't be much difference in distance with these routes.
i) Suggest me an route which is safe and road conditions. Any Ghat roads?
ii) Suggest me an Quality Petrol bunk where i can refill. Both Enroute and in Wayanad(As of today, mostly i've fuelled my ride only on Shell bunks).
iii) If i want to take a nap in car, suggest me the safest places(eg: Near toll plaza, Fuel stations etc)
iv) Any other suggestions also welcome.
My driving experience:
I'm driving for past 5 years and 75% in city and remaining 25% highway driving(predominantly during day). My longest drive till date is Chennai to Salem which i used to go 4 to 5 months once. For the past 7 months, i haven't driven on Highways.
I normally drive at speed of 80km and never cross 100km.