Where To Go From Bangalore on Upcoming Long Weekend

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am planning for a trip with my family from bangalore to " ? " for the upcoming long weekend, 1st may(friday) - 3rd may(sunday).
My daughter is 1.5years old and she is getting bored by staying at home all these days. She likes to visit new places.
So I am looking for something which won't be very far(less stress to her), suitable for month of May ,also not very expensive.
Any suggestions??
Also, we would be very happy join a group of TAIns planning a trip together around that time, if possible.

Thread Starter #2
Re: "where to go " from bangalore on up-coming long weekend

After a bit of research, I have zeroed upon 2 places.
1.chikmagalur
2.Coorg

Now trying to find out a kid friendly homestay. I am also trying to create a itinerary for both of these places.
Any suggestions ??

Re: "where to go " from bangalore on up-coming long weekend

Chikmangalur-
Bangalore- Yeswantpur- or if you take nice road connect to Tumkur road- Nelmangala circle - take left- Go till Hasan - Take right for Chikmangaur. 250kms. Great roads.

For staying i will prefer hotel Planterscourt.

Places to visit- A drive through the hills of Kemangundi and Bababudangiri and if time permits a visit to Bhadravati wild life sanctuary.

Coorg-
Bangalore -Mysore- Take outer ring road- then turn right for Kushalnagar - Madikere/Coorg.
250kms. Road condition is good too.

Mysore road will be super congested in a holiday. I will prefer Kanakpura road- Somnathpur- Mysore.

Plenty of stay options at Coorg including home stays.

Places to visit- Kushalnagar monastery, Dubare forest, Abbe Falls, kings seat and many more. While returning you can take the Virajpet road and come through Nagerhole Forest then Mysore- Bangalore. Please take the current road condition of Coorg- Virajpet road as it was broken earlier.

Note- In both the cases get your stay pre-booked as in an extended week ends there will be rush.

Last edited:

Top Bottom