Coimbatore - Madurai Route Suggestion!

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to go to Madurai this weekend from Coimbatore. I know the usual route Coimbatore->Oddanchatram->Dindigul->Madurai. This is close to 250kms and well known for me, but roads are nothing to write home about! So then I was looking at Google Maps to see if Coimbatore->Karur->Dindigul->Madurai road and although it is +60kms from my usual route, it mainly consists of 4-lane roads, which we all love to drive. So you may think, then why the hell I start a thread.

Well, reason is, I am travelling with my wife+2yr old son+Mom and taking a new route means looking to Maps in my phone, asking for direction if I miss some place. So do you guys think it is worth taking this new route, while travelling with family. If my calculations are something to believed, time taken shouldn't matter, as we drive faster with good 300 km road than decent 250km road. What do you guys suggest?

Re: Coimbatore-Madurai route suggestion!

I had traveled from Madurai to Dindukal a couple of times but not further north in a car so cant command but I believe if the first route have a single lane state highway leave it try the second route.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Coimbatore-Madurai route suggestion!

^^ Yes, the first route does have a lot of single lane SH. My brother keep on reminding me to go with first route and not the second route. But I am more into second route, where I can have stress-free ride till Madurai.

Top Bottom