Vadodara To Mumbai Lonavala and Back To Vadodara

Thread Starter #1
Recently completed my much awaited Trip of Mumbai in my Xcent 1.2 S Petrol.

Plan was made suddenly as i was in Mumbai on Thursday Night for some office work, Took the Flight to vadodara at 6 AM from Mumbai on Friday, and Returned to Mumbai by Friday Night ! By CAR !.

It took us about 5 & 1/2 Hrs to cover roughly 415 Kms, between Vadodara and Mumbai. Road is just superb & i loved driving over it. It brought back the memories of my earlier Trip made in October 2014, from Vadodara to Delhi( abt 1200 Kms in 16 Hrs !!!) .

We left at 6 PM from Vadodara, after coming from Office, and got my tank filled up and left for Mumbai. Traffic was there till Bharuch, as it was evening time, so speed had to be controlled to about 60-70 KMPH. While crossing Bharuch, witnessed the Massive JAM on golden Bridge, of about 12-13 Kms !!! Huge Jam at that time, with mostly Trucks & Heavy vehicles. Really got worried about the Return Journey

However ,journey on NH 8 was smooth with Tolls paid about INR 450/- (one way). Spent some time in Mumbai and then went to Lonavala, which is just 40 odd Kms from Mumbai, had a great time on weekend with Wife & Friends.

Started my Return Journey from Mumbai at about 1 AM (Monday morning) and was sailing smoothly till I was stopped Abruptly at Bharuch (Just after Ankaleshwar) . Remember that Massive Jam I wrote about ! [frustration]. Got stuck in there among the Truck & heavy vehicles. had to stop there for about 40 Mins, when a Truck driver came to me and suggest a route for my car, Or else he told that i'll be stuck here for next 5/7 Hrs !!! . I took his advise and managed to take a U Turn somehow and went back a few Kms, and entered the Ankaleshwar City via SH- 68. Took me some time as it was cities internal roads, but still we managed to get past that Massive Jam and took the NH-8 once again after that.

After that it was a cake walk, drove mostly at about 100 KMPH. & Reached Vadodara by 6 AM, so took me about 5 Hrs [drive], Incl about 1 Hr lost in Jam & Detour.

Can take on Mumbai - Any time [cheers]

Thanks Swadesh for the (much needed) information (for me [:D]). I will be driving from Mumbai to Ahmedabad at end of the March. I was thinking to get the information about the Bharuch "Narmada Bridge" on NH 8. So now as per your experience, it seems that there are still issues so I will take "Golden Bridge" (through Ankleshwar) when I will go to Ahmedabad. This is the only bottleneck on Mumbai - Ahmedabad highway [frustration] otherwise the road is superb and at night you can peacefully drive without any local traffic.

Thread Starter #3
No need to say thanks dear, I was also benefited from one of the Posts from Readers here, during my Trip to Delhi from Vadodara, So I just returned the favor ! happy that, this will help you to plan your and other's trips too. I drive mostly at Night time, as to avoid any local traffic. I find Trucks & Heavy vehicles more comfortable to deal with, as compared to smaller Vehicles. They don't change Lanes and Drive in straight line for most of the times. On this only point to be noted is the intersection where one need to switch between NH 8 & SH- 68 (for Golden Bridge).

Also, if any of the readers ever done - Vadodara/Ahmedabad to GIR/Somnath, please share the Links, as my next plan is for that.

Last edited:
I drive mostly at Night time, as to avoid any local traffic. I find Trucks & Heavy vehicles more comfortable to deal with, as compared to smaller Vehicles. They don't change Lanes and Drive in straight line for most of the times.
Same here. [:D]

On this only point to be noted is the intersection where one need to switch between NH 8 & SH- 68 (for Golden Bridge).
See here to see where to take diversion from NH 8 while going from Mumbai To Ahmedabad and how to get back on NH 8 after crossing Bharuch via Golden Bridge.

Thread Starter #5
Hi, I was Actually stuck in between the JAM much upwards from there. I had taken U Turn/Diversion from Gadhkol Part area, where SH 68 intersects NH 8

Top Bottom