Chittaranjan To Dehradun / Mussoorie / Haridwar Trip

Thread Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions/advice for the Chittaranjan (WB) to Dehradun Trip.

Proposed Plan-
1st Day- Chittaranjan to Kanpur (785 KM). Night stay in Kanpur
2nd Day- Kanpur to Haridwar (510 KM).
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Day- Haridwar / Mussorie/ Dehradun Local trip
7th day- Return to Kanpur
8th day- Back to Home.

I am the only driver with my Hyundai i10.

I did couple of long trip before such as Vizag, Ranchi, Varanasi . Up to Kanpur I don’t have an issue as I will be NH-2.

From Kanpur I am confuse[confused] which road I should take for Haridwar as per the present condition?
1. What is the condition of Kannuaj-Shahjahanpur- Bareilly-Moradabad route?
2. Is it safe in day light?
3. How much I can get 4 lane in this route and where?
4. If I start from Kanpur at 6 AM, then by evening can I reach in Haridwar?

Please advice. Thanks in advance

Re: Chittaranjan to Dehradun/ Mussorie/ Haridwar Trip

Proposed Plan-
8th day- Back to Home.

I am the only driver with my Hyundai i10.

I did couple of long trip before such as Vizag, Ranchi, Varanasi . Up to Kanpur I don’t have an issue as I will be NH-2.

From Kanpur I am confuse[confused] which road I should take for Haridwar as per the present condition?

Sukanta, You should have posted this in the travel itinerary section. But anyways here is my response.

Was in that area in October last and had taken Agra, Greater Noida, Meerut route to Haridwar from Kanpur. But I was on a different tangent and my night halts from Kolkata were intended to be Varanasi, Agra and Haridwar. But taking Agra route from Kanpur will be longer to reach Haridwar.

But if you take the route as you have suggested in your point number 1, then it will be much shorter. Will not be able to guide you on the Kanpur - Kannauj - Sahjahanpur sector as have not driven. But from Shajahanpur right up to Haridwar the road is good. At times they were very good. But do expect the occasional stretches of broken surface and sloppy patchwork done.

One more advice is to avoid Moradabad. A long flyover construction was on and the entire highway in front of the station had diverted traffic and it took me more than an hour to come out of Moradabad town.

Before my trip I had been advised by HVK to take Rampur / Rudrapur / Kashipur / Jaspur / Dhampur route to avoid Moradabad. I had missed the turn and happily chatting with my passengers I reached Moradabad and before I realised it I was in the mess.. So please check as to how much detour you need to do on my (HVK's) suggested route and if possible take a call and follow it.

Around Najibabad the road was a bit confusing and entry and exit roads were bad also. But manageable.

Mind you the majority stretch is a single carrieageway road, but traffic is also not that high.

All the best for you and your i10.

You may please check my post after Tuesday next where I will describe my experience and time sheets on the route.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ganath-lucknow-xylo-highest-temple-world.html

Last edited:

Proposed Plan-
8th day- Back to Home.
Increase the number of days by 2 days and then enjoy the trip instead of keep running around for most of the time.

Kanpur to Haridwar can be done in a day but you need to spend at least 14-15 hours on the wheel. Since you are the only drive and the car is also a hatchback, so I'd advise you to enjoy the drive and go to Agra on second day. You will reach Agra till afternoon and enjoy the place, have a look at Taj and other sites.

Take Yamuna Expressway on third day morning and reach Haridwar on third day around afternoon. You will really enjoy the entire drive and you can have breakfast on the Yamuna expressway itself on third day.

Your experience will come to add more joy to the trip for sure.

The route you mentioned is fine but I advise you to drive in the daylight and avoid night drives on this unknown route. Rest you can follow the word of chandranath; he is right actually.

Its really very tough to reach Haridwar till evening on a 6AM start with sane driving!

Thread Starter #4
Many thanks to Mr. Chandranath and Mr. TSIVipul.
I have change the plan as per the advice / suggestions-
Day 1 - Up to Kanpur (790 KM)
Day 2 - To Agra and Visit Taj in the evening
Day 3 - To Dehradun
Day 4 - Dehradun Personal Work.
Day 5 - Dehradun Personal Work
Day 6 - Mussorie
Day 7 - Haridwar/ Rishikesh
Day 8 - Haridwar to Lucknow ( Najibabad-Kashipur-Rudrapur-Rampur-Bareilly-Sitapur-Lucknow) 560 KM
Day 9 - Lucknow to Chittaranjan (825 KM)

Please advice the above plan is OK or not?
Now I have some queries as below-
1. Day 1 is doable or not? If I start from my home at 4 am and try to reduce for unwanted break.
2. For Day 8 I have taken the route up to Rampur as Mr. Chandranath mentioned. Is it possible in day light? If yes then can I reach up to Raebareli (another 100 KM)? It will help me on Day-9?

Many thanks to Mr. Chandranath and Mr. TSIVipul.
I have change the plan as per the advice / suggestions-
Day 1 - Up to Kanpur (790 KM)
Day 2 - To Agra and Visit Taj in the evening
Day 3 - To Dehradun
Day 4 - Dehradun Personal Work.
Day 5 - Dehradun Personal Work
Day 6 - Mussorie
Day 7 - Haridwar/ Rishikesh
Day 8 - Haridwar to Lucknow ( Najibabad-Kashipur-Rudrapur-Rampur-Bareilly-Sitapur-Lucknow) 560 KM
Day 9 - Lucknow to Chittaranjan (825 KM)

Please advice the above plan is OK or not?
Now I have some queries as below-
1. Day 1 is doable or not? If I start from my home at 4 am and try to reduce for unwanted break.
2. For Day 8 I have taken the route up to Rampur as Mr. Chandranath mentioned. Is it possible in day light? If yes then can I reach up to Raebareli (another 100 KM)? It will help me on Day-9?
Yes doable.
Day 1 is perfect.

Wait for my updates and time sheets for Haridwar to Lucknow sector. Probably I will do so tomorrow in my log.

Will also tell you how I reached Varanasi from Lucknow. Suggest also to take an additional day out in Lucknow in case you have not been earlier.

Top Bottom