The travel bug has bitten us and we have planned to visit Kumarakom (Kerala) this time. The route we have planned is Hosur > Salem > Coimbatore > Palakkad > Thrissur > Ernakulam > Cherthala > Kumarakom. I think this will be the fastest route. The plan is to reach Kumarakom early in the evening and see if we can fit in a sunset cruise.
We have planned on 3 nights at Kumarakom and 2 nights at Ernakulam.
We plan to do the following while at Kumarakom:
- a walk in the bird sanctuary
- Hire a a Sikara for a 4/5 hour cruise through the canals
- A small boat cruise through the villages
- A cruise on the Lake
- A visit to the Pathiramanal Island
- A visit to the Driftwood museum
- a visit to Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls is time permits
And at Ernakulam:
- a ferry ride to Fort Cochin
- Sunset cruise
- Village Cruise
- Cherai beach
Any inputs on other place we can visit, in line with these, are welcome.