Sunny To Explore Kodaikanal: Suggestions Required

Thread Starter #1
Planning for Kodaikanla trip by next week (29th & 30th Dec'14)

Palladam (Tirupur Dist) --> Dharapuram --> Palani --> Kodaikanal
This is the route planned. How about the road condition? Anyone traveled recently through this route?

This is the plan for 2 days?
Kodai.jpg
Please suggest any further places that we shouldn't miss at Kodaikanal.

Re: Sunny to explore Kodaikanal - Suggestions required

I would add Bear Shola Falls, upper lake viewpoint, Palani view point, moir point, Pine forest and a couple of view points on the way to Berijam lake after you pass the forest checkpost,http://www.ixigo.com/moir-point-kodaikanal-india-ne-1282355 Shenbaganur Museum and the lake for shopping/cycling or just a walk.

Chances of sighting Wild Bisons are good when you cross Pillar Rock.

Have a nice trip.

the ghat section from palani to kodai is good expect a few patches. the road between dharapuram to palani is also good.

Thread Starter #4

I would add Bear Shola Falls, upper lake viewpoint, Palani view point, moir point, Pine forest and a couple of view points on the way to Berijam lake after you pass the forest checkpost,http://www.ixigo.com/moir-point-kodaikanal-india-ne-1282355 Shenbaganur Museum and the lake for shopping/cycling or just a walk.

Added these places to my itenerary. Thanks dude.

the ghat section from palani to kodai is good expect a few patches. the road between dharapuram to palani is also good.
Thanks for the update Pravin.

Till Kodai Hills the roads are good, no idea about the road condition in Ghat section.

Happy Driving

Thread Starter #8
Completed my trip and reached home a few minutes back. Covered all places as planned except a couple of places due to various reasons. Will start a new thread very soon.

Top Bottom