Need Help For Planning (Pune - Kanpur - Dehradun - Uttarkashi - Kota - Pune)

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I need some help in planning on the following routes, places to visit, days to spend, accomodation and availability of facilities.

I am planning a road trip with my wife in the month of Jan and Feb dates from 24th January to 7th of February. A couple of friends will also be accomapnying us till Kanpur.

I will be leaving from Pune on 24th Jan in the evening at around 5PM, planning to drive overnight to reach Kanpur by 25th Jan 5 in the evening. Have a wedding to attend that night. Post 26th I need help in the exact planning.

I want to visit the following places mandatorily Lucknow(for the Kababs and shopping bribe to wify) and Kota (hometown) on the return leg of the journey for a 1-2 days and Meerut again on the return leg may be for a couple of hours or at max overnight.

The other places I have in mind are Nainital(can be skipped if time is short), Jim Corbett national Park(if possible), Dehradun, Mussoorie, Uttarkashi and Gangotri(if possible).

As of now I have just finallised the route from Pune-Kanpur and Kota-Pune.

Need help in finallizing the following routes.

1. Lucknow-Dehradun: i can see a couple of routes in Google
a. Lucknow-Agra-Delhi-Meerut-Muzzafarnagr
b. Lucknow-Sitapur-Bareily-Rampur-Bijnor-Najibabad-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Dehradun
c. Lucknow-Sitapur-Lakhimpur-Pilibhit-Kashipur-Najibabad-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Dehradun
2. Uttarkashi-Kota: was thinking of this route
a. Uttarkashi-Dehradun-Rishikesh-haridwar-Meerut-Delhi-Behror-Dausa-Lalsot-Sawai Madhopur-Kota

I also need to know the number of days sufficient enough in the following places:
1. Lucknow
2. Dehradun
3. Mussoorie
4. Jim Corbett
5. Nainital
6. Uttarkashi
7. Gangotri(if routes are open) and a trek to Gaumukh or Tapovan (if open at that time and there is a trek group)

Will also need info on accomodation with safe parking, necessity to book before hand or not

One last and one of the most important things to me Local Cuisine and places to have them.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom