Chilka - Vizag Section of NH-5

Thread Starter #1
Friends,
Going for a Calcutta-Vizag trip with my wife and daughter, within next two or three days. Is there anyone in this forum who is familiar with this stretch? If so, will he please let me know if there is any decent eatery (either a restaurant or a decent dhaba) in this portion of NH-5, specially after I leave Orissa and enter Andhra Pradesh? I plan to start from Calcutta in the morning and considering the sun setting early in the winter, I shall be driving even after the sun sets in. It is my plan to reach Vizag at least by ten at the evening.

May I please know whether this route is safe all along, at all hours of the day (and night)? Also is there any occurrence of fog, specially before ten O'clock at night?

A response from any kind soul will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Rahul,
Calcutta

Rahul,
I crossed this section 4 months back on my way to bangalore from kolkata. I didn't find any decent roadside eatery after crossing odisha border. I tried one random eatery near srikakulam but the experience was not very good. According to me, the best bet is to pack it from chilka dhaba. You will get enough scenic locations on the way to stop and enjoy the food.

Top Bottom