Hyderabad To Munnar Route Query

Thread Starter #1
we are planning to do

Hyderabad-->Bangalore-->wayanad-->Kochi-->munnar-->Bangalore-->Hyderbad

Hyd-->bangalore known terrain :biggrin:

Can you guys suggest me the routes, time taken to cover and any pointers.
Banglore-->wayanad
wayanad-->Kochi
Kochi-->munnar
munnar-->Banglore

Vehicle will be Honda city or fiesta.
Thank you [:)]

Re: Hyderabad to Munnar route query

Can you guys suggest me the routes, time taken to cover and any pointers.
Banglore-->wayanad
wayanad-->Kochi
Kochi-->munnar
munnar-->Banglore

Vehicle will be Honda city or fiesta.
Thank you [:)]
BLR-Wayanad [5-6 hours]
Mysore- Gundlupet- Batheri-Wayanad ?
Note: haven’t done this stretch myself yet

Wayanad-Kochi [another 5-6 hours]
Option A: Kalpetta- Kozhikode [NH-17 Bypass]- Ramanattukara-Kottakkal- Valancheri-Kuttippuram- Edappal- Kunnamkulam-Thrissur- Angamali- Kochi.[Roads good all the way]
Option B: Thamarassery-Mukkam-Perinthalmanna-Shornur- Trissur-Angamali – Kochi [ Roads should be good all the way]

Kochi-Munnar [5-6 hours]
Kundannor Bridge- Thripunithura- Kolencheri- Muzhattupuzha- Kothamangalam-
Adimali-Munnar [ Good roads all the way]

Munnar-BLR [7-8 hours]
Udumalpettai-Palladam-Avinashi- Salem- BLR

You can go to Bangalore to Munnar via Salem - Palladam route. Why do you want to go to Wayanad ? I think the gundulpet - Sultan Batheri route is opened only during the mornings by the forest officials.

Hyderabad --> B'lore --> Salem --> Avinashi --> Palladam --> Udumalpet --> Munnar

or

Hyderabad --> B'lore --> Salem --> Karur --> Dindigul --> Bodinayakanur --> Munnar

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

BLR-Wayanad [5-6 hours]
Mysore- Gundlupet- Batheri-Wayanad ?
Note: haven’t done this stretch myself yet

Wayanad-Kochi [another 5-6 hours]
Option A: Kalpetta- Kozhikode [NH-17 Bypass]- Ramanattukara-Kottakkal- Valancheri-Kuttippuram- Edappal- Kunnamkulam-Thrissur- Angamali- Kochi.[Roads good all the way]
Option B: Thamarassery-Mukkam-Perinthalmanna-Shornur- Trissur-Angamali – Kochi [ Roads should be good all the way]

Kochi-Munnar [5-6 hours]
Kundannor Bridge- Thripunithura- Kolencheri- Muzhattupuzha- Kothamangalam-
Adimali-Munnar [ Good roads all the way]

Munnar-BLR [7-8 hours]
Udumalpettai-Palladam-Avinashi- Salem- BLR
Thanks man it is very helpful.[:)]

You can go to Bangalore to Munnar via Salem - Palladam route. Why do you want to go to Wayanad ? I think the gundulpet - Sultan Batheri route is opened only during the mornings by the forest officials.
we are planning to cover wayanad.

Hyderabad --> B'lore --> Salem --> Avinashi --> Palladam --> Udumalpet --> Munnar

or

Hyderabad --> B'lore --> Salem --> Karur --> Dindigul --> Bodinayakanur --> Munnar
Thank you MR.Boss,if we skip wayanad,i will take this road, looks good.
which road is most preferable(scenic)?

which road is most preferable(scenic)?
I have done both the stretches - the Munnar- Poopara-Bodimettu-Bodi-Theni-Dindigal and the other Munnar-Udumalpet –Palladam .

Both these are scenic. But the route via the majestic Bodi Ghat is my pick. But then it’s just me. Only wish the ongoing road widening work is completed fast and is back to it's glory again.

I went to Munnar from bangalore in august 2014.I went via theni while going but experience was not good. Road till Theni was very good but the 20km steep to very steep ascent with potholed roads from theni in a sedan like city is not advisable according to me. The return root via Marayoor sandlewood forest was very good , very scenic and can be done in any car.
My suggestion will be to take this route.

Below is my photologue from BLR-Munnar trip.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/18302-feeling-rain-munnar.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
I have done both the stretches - the Munnar- Poopara-Bodimettu-Bodi-Theni-Dindigal and the other Munnar-Udumalpet –Palladam .

Both these are scenic. But the route via the majestic Bodi Ghat is my pick. But then it’s just me. Only wish the ongoing road widening work is completed fast and is back to it's glory again.
I traveled Udumalpet to Munnar, covering Lakkom water falls and Marayoor sandalwood forest (not sure about the other routes though) have a look at my thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/17611-weekend-destination-munnar.html
I went to Munnar from bangalore in august 2014.I went via theni while going but experience was not good. Road till Theni was very good but the 20km steep to very steep ascent with potholed roads from theni in a sedan like city is not advisable according to me. The return root via Marayoor sandlewood forest was very good , very scenic and can be done in any car.
My suggestion will be to take this route.

Below is my photologue from BLR-Munnar trip.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/18302-feeling-rain-munnar.html
Thanks all for the help [clap]
will be starting tomorrow morning.will update the road conditions once i get back.
will drive down to hyd->munnar->Kochi->wayanad->Hyd.

Top Bottom