Planing a Road Trip To Madhya Pradesh

Thread Starter #1
Guys again i am planing a road trip and this time not in south India.Now the question is where?after lots of debate & discussion as of now we have decided to go Madhya Pradesh.We will start from Kolkata and i have 7-8 day's altogether.Total passenger 4 adults and my 2 and half year old daughter and my reliable Red Angel(Swift).Can you guys suggest me where to visit and stay in MP and on the way to MP?I am planing to start from Kanha Forest.Thanks in advance.[:D]

I did MP tour before 2 year. We started from Bhopal -> Bheda ghat -> Khajuraho -> Amarkantak -> Orchha -> Jhansi ->Udaipur -> Ahemdabad -> Bhavnagar, for 7-8 days. Road condition between Bhopal & Bhedaghat pathetic, but elsewhere good enough. Write me if any more info required.

Hey Swiftkolkata
I was also Planning a similar trip from Kolkata with my family.[:D]
Just heard from everyone its beautiful.
But No Clue on what to visit and any other detail.
So when are you planning?

Thread Starter #5
Hey Swiftkolkata
I was also Planning a similar trip from Kolkata with my family.[:D]
Just heard from everyone its beautiful.
But No Clue on what to visit and any other detail.
So when are you planning?
Rohit i am planing to go on 24th or 25th December.I have short listed few places like Kanha Forest,Bandhabgarh,Amarkantak as of now.Need to gathered few more information like stay.your tentative date?

Hi Dhoom9
any good staying options in Orcha & Jhansi, please do let me know, as i plan to visit this Dec end.
what else can be seen around these 2 places.
regards
vinod

swiftkolkatta, that would be winters there so do carry warm clothes and it really is pretty cold there in winters.
Do visit bedhagath, Kanha-kesri wildlife sanctury, bandhavgarh is again same but smaller and densed sanctury where tiger siting is easy.
Amarkantak apart from the main temple, do visit the near by places.Try to be there during the evening aarti time,its divine there.
Atleast calculate 6 days you would want there in madhyapradesh as the places you said to visit apart from to and fro.It would make it too much of hush up things to cover up in cutting down days.
Sam would advice more accurately for the routes and places.Would give you details in a day or so for the trips i have made there.

I am told not much wild animals in the sanctuaries, however one can spend couple of days in pachmarhi which is supposed to be good place to visit

Rohit i am planing to go on 24th or 25th December.I have short listed few places like Kanha Forest,Bandhabgarh,Amarkantak as of now.Need to gathered few more information like stay.your tentative date?
[thumbsup]
Truly Speaking I do not quite fix on any dates but the Christmas would definitely be a good option.
Because as u know I am on a Holiday[lol]
Will keep my eyes glued on to this post to see what you decide.
May be I can tag-along if its okay with you and also my wifey agrees upon to travel.:lol!:

Thread Starter #10
[thumbsup]
Truly Speaking I do not quite fix on any dates but the Christmas would definitely be a good option.
Because as u know I am on a Holiday[lol]
Will keep my eyes glued on to this post to see what you decide.
May be I can tag-along if its okay with you and also my wifey agrees upon to travel.:lol!:
Rohit i am absolutely ok with it and its always good to be with another TAI member.I am gathering few more information hotels,route etc.

Bhedaghat is a must see, & if you can plan it on full moon day, it is like visiting Tajmahal in full moon day.

Also, Panchmarhi is a very good hill station of MP, & visiting waterfalls after going down footsteps is top in its class. Visit to Panchmarhi alone require 3-4 days. Except panchmarhi, rest all places 1 day drive & 1 day stay is enough.

Also visit to MP is incomplete without visit to Khajuraho.

So best is to plan number of days & accordingly nearby places.

Hi Dhoom9
any good staying options in Orcha & Jhansi, please do let me know, as i plan to visit this Dec end.
what else can be seen around these 2 places.
regards
vinod
We stayed at Sheeshmahal hotel, it is heritage property & MP tourism hotel. Jhansi is just 18 km away, so can be visited during daytime or en route (nothing to see except fort).

Nearby places: Chitrakoot, Khajuraho, Chanderi, Panna.

We travelled & stayed like this: (We had already visited Panchmarhi previously so not included this time. All hotels were by MP tourism. We self drive Innova, 2 couples. We drove alternate day & enjoyed the place alternate day.)

Ahemdabad -(flight)-> Bhopal -> 297 kms - Bhedaghat (Motel Marble Rocks***) -> 249 km-Amarkantak (Holiday Homes) -> 419kms-Khajuraho (Hotel Jhanker) -> 174kms-Orchha (Hotel Sheeshmahal***) -> 874kms-Ahemdabad (Total 9 days).

Last edited by a moderator:
We stayed at Sheeshmahal hotel, it is heritage property & MP tourism hotel. Jhansi is just 18 km away, so can be visited during daytime or en route (nothing to see except fort).

Nearby places: Chitrakoot, Khajuraho, Chanderi, Panna.

We travelled & stayed like this: (We had already visited Panchmarhi previously so not included this time. All hotels were by MP tourism. We self drive Innova, 2 couples. We drove alternate day & enjoyed the place alternate day.)

Ahemdabad -(flight)-> Bhopal -> 297 kms - Bhedaghat (Motel Marble Rocks***) -> 249 km-Amarkantak (Holiday Homes) -> 419kms-Khajuraho (Hotel Jhanker) -> 174kms-Orchha (Hotel Sheeshmahal***) -> 874kms-Ahemdabad (Total 9 days).
many thanks for this info, as i will be on vacation in kanpur, and the distance to jhansi/orcha is not much, and shall try and cover khajuraho also

I was also Planning a similar trip from Kolkata with my family.[:D] Just heard from everyone its beautiful. But No Clue on what to visit and any other detail.
I did visit Orchha and Gwalior less than a month ago. But I did not stay at Orchha, though planned to do so earlier. Orchha was less than three hours (via Jhansi) from Gwalior. Reached Orchha at around nine in the morning (started from Gwalior by six), could complete all the major attractions by one O'clock. Hence decided to move away, as our visit was completed earlier than expected. Reached Kanpur at around four and Benaras shortly before midnight. All the major attractions are located close to one another at Orchha and you may use your own car for sightseeing.

Last edited:

Top Bottom