10 Days Trip Around Taloba, Kanha, Pench, Jabalpur & Bandhavgarh: Suggestions?

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear all,
I am planning a 10 day getaway with family. Details-
We will be 4~5 adults (3 of us can drive)
Preferred- Scenic drive, natural spot, Greenery
Car- XUV 500
Staring point- Nashik

Spots in Thoughts- somewhere around Konkan/Ratnagiri, GanpatiPule, Alibag and so on.
Offbeaten paths also welcome.

Please help me make a rocking trip folks!
Totally different ideas are also welcome.

Last edited:
Re: Suggestion Required- 10 Days trip by Car

If you plan to do Konkan coast and since you have 10 days, I would suggest to include Malvan (Sindhudurg)-Tarkarli. Devbagh near Tarkarli has very good options for water sports.
Sindhudurg also offers an option of snorkelling and scuba diving where you can view corals. This is quiet hatke vacation as we dont get to see corals on mainland India, though the quality of corals is very much inferior to what one gets to see in Lakshadweep/Andaman.

Thread Starter #3

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Suggestion Required- 10 Days trip by Car

If you plan to do Konkan coast and since you have 10 days, I would suggest to include Malvan (Sindhudurg)-Tarkarli. Devbagh near Tarkarli has very good options for water sports.
Sindhudurg also offers an option of snorkelling and scuba diving where you can view corals. This is quiet hatke vacation as we dont get to see corals on mainland India, though the quality of corals is very much inferior to what one gets to see in Lakshadweep/Andaman.
thank you mate. I would definitely search these up.
I saw the main attraction of konkan is the road adjacent to beach. the drive must be magical!

else, what tool you use to plot out these spots? is there a website /software where I can enter all destinations and it will chalk out a road map?

Re: Suggestion Required: 10 Days Trip By Car

I had known of these places through net. I drove directly from Hyderabad into Malwan district, i have just covered a small part of the coastline on separate occasions.
Its still a longstanding dream to cover the entire konkan along the coast. I have been to quiet a few places in konkan but it was always taking one of the nearest ghats to cross into konkan to reach our destination. Verandah ghat/tamhini ghat (when going via Pune), Amboli ghat/Gaganbawda ghat (when going via Kolhapur).

I am not sure if there is website for chalking the road after entering all destinations. The only thing I use is google maps.

Thread Starter #5

bhvm

Honoured Member

Dad suggested an optional circuit-
Bhedaghat, pench, kanha garden, Bandhavgarh Etc.

Even I would suggest doing a coastal konkan trip.

I have done this from Mumbai - Alibaug - Murud - Diveagar(very nice beach) - Shrivardhan(excellent coastal drive from diveagar to shrivardhan) - Harihareshwar. Due to some time constraint, rest I have done in parts but you can contine from Harihareshwar - Harnei(harnei to dapoli is beautiful drive) - Dapoli(Loved this beach) - ladghar.

On another trip I covered Ganpatipule, beautiful drive till Jaigarh fort(approx 25 km).

Never been further south in konkan so could not help on that.

Thread Starter #7

bhvm

Honoured Member

I have suggested konkan. dad wants historical places so he's saying MP. let's see how it goes.

Thread Starter #10

bhvm

Honoured Member

I'm veering towards the mp circuit as my friend said it's tiger season and bandhavgarh is the best place to see.
I'm also visiting jabalpur /bhedaghat, kanha, pench, tadoba all in one circuit.

please suggest what career should be taken for visiting these national parks. I'm not going to book anything and choose hotel by walk ins. is that fine?

350Z

Core Team

please suggest what career should be taken for visiting these national parks. I'm not going to book anything and choose hotel by walk ins. is that fine?
I'd advice to prebook a hotel to avoid inconvenience since this is the peak season to visit Bandhavgarh. From whatever experience I have, I'd also suggest to hire a vehicle with guide rather than taking own car during safari to make most out of the trip. You've planned an exciting tour. Keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

bhvm

Honoured Member

I'd advice to prebook a hotel to avoid inconvenience since this is the peak season to visit Bandhavgarh. From whatever experience I have, I'd also suggest to hire a vehicle with guide rather than taking own car during safari to make most out of the trip. You've planned an exciting tour. Keep us posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z
thanks bro.
we start now. I mean the very moment. First day to tadoba.
will keep you informed on this thread and then post a picturesque travelogue .

we are at pench. I Have a great travelogue coming!
Not that near, but Pachmarhi is a good spot you can add to your list! I think its worth travelling another 200+ KMs. If you are planning it, hire a MPTDC Gypsy from Bison museum with guide rather than taking own car, to make most out of the trip. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom