Chittaranjan - Agra - Jaipur - Delhi - Chittaranjan

Thread Starter #1
I will be travel with my wife and daughter (9 years) in x-mas. I am the only driver for this trip. I plan to drive only in day time in other state.

I have some queries related to this route-

1. Is there any problem (local or police) in JH/BR/UP for other state car?
2. What about the road condition from Barhi to Agra? Upto Barhi I have travel 4 months back. Please mention especially the congested section?
3. Is it possible to complete Chittaranjan to Agra (1060 KM) in 11 hrs including personal use? Or should I stay in night in Kanpur?
4. Any suggestion for hotel in Kanpur In NH-2 to avoid city traffic?

All suggestion and advice are welcome

Sukanta,

I have seen your post in my log. I was waiting to answer to you because my travel km log diary was in my car and it stays in a garage away from my home.

I will get my diary today and give you a complete answer and details till Agra by day end.

First cut answers to your questions..

Ans 1.. NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER. But do retain petrol bills and toll tax reciepts to prove that you have been travelling and not staying in one place.

Ans 2. The road is mostly excellent. Expect worn out patches in and around Dehri, and exit Varanasi. The Allahabad by pass is silk smooth but the culverts are camouflaged by the smooth roads so if you are not careful you will get a jolt of your life. Not very many congested areas. But nearing Agra the area around Etawah and Tundala expect heavy traffic and some local bikes, rickshaws on the road.

Ans 3.. Possible but difficult. Night halt advised but as I said possible if you are a good and aggressive driver willing to endure it out

Ans 4... No idea

I have some queries related to this route-

1. Is there any problem (local or police) in JH/BR/UP for other state car?
Not much. As Chandranath has correctly said, please keep sufficient proof in your car to show the authorities that you are there for a short period. Also, please remove any sun-film from your car, if there is any.
2. What about the road condition from Barhi to Agra? Upto Barhi I have travel 4 months back. Please mention especially the congested section?
The roads are more or less fair, though during daytime they are slightly congested in all important villages and towns.
3. Is it possible to complete Chittaranjan to Agra (1060 KM) in 11 hrs including personal use? Or should I stay in night in Kanpur?
That is almost 97 KMPH average speed for eleven long hours! Are you driving a formula car?
4. Any suggestion for hotel in Kanpur In NH-2 to avoid city traffic?
This hotel is located on NH-2, though I do not know anything about the amenities. You may give them a call and find it out yourself.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Mr. Rahul for your valuable advice.

If I keep open the windows in city, then also I need to remove the sun film?

I am having the Hyundai i10. I will stay at night in Kanpur or Fatehpur, depending on the progress

Top Bottom