Plan: Bangalore To Coonoor

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am going to a resort in Coonoor for this coming long weekend (2nd - 5th Oct) , so without further ado

here is my plan :

Plan 1 :

Bangalore > Hosur > Krishnagiri > Dharamaphuri > Salem > Erode > Avinasi > Mettupalayam > Coonoor

opt1.png

Longer but most of router via NH so can reach faster .

Plan 2:

Bangalore > Kanakapura > Malavalli > Mysore > Najangod > Gundlupet > Bandipur> Masinagudi > Ooty > Coonoor

opt2.png

Well Known Route from Mysore to Ooty

Plan 3:

Bangalore > Kanakapura > Malavalli > Kollegal> Chamarajnagar> Banari > Bhavanisagar > Mettupalayam > Coonoor

opt3.png

2nd Shortest Distance but unsure about the road conditions

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks .

Last edited:
Re: Plan : Bangalore to Coonoor

If you want to enjoy the view Route 2 it is, with the rains it must greener than ever. I have done this route multiple times and the last time i did it the Masanigudi-Ooty road was a one way going up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Route 2 From Mysore till Masinagudi is not in good condition and heavy pot holes. I did this in June.

Thread Starter #4

Route 2 From Mysore till Masinagudi is not in good condition and heavy pot holes. I did this in June.
Yep . I experienced it the hard-way :( i took Option 1 for Going to the Resort and it all good
but i wanted experience the infamous Mysore-Ooty Road so i took Plan 2 .. no not doing it again [frustration] and thanks for all the suggestions. [glasses]

Top Bottom