Jowlagiri Reserve Forest Road Conditions

Thread Starter #1
I've been doing road-trips to various country roads around Bannerghatta National Park region. I have planned the following day-trip:

Bangalore(KA)-Kanakapura-Kodihalli-Thippur(TN)-Gattigunda-Kolagondanahalli-Jawalagiri-Thally-Anekal(KA)-Jigani-Bangalore

Google satellite shows fair road conditions but I'd like to know actual road conditions especially in the stretch after Kodihalli to Thally. I'll be on a 4-wheeler (Ecosport). Anything to watch out for other than elephants ? Any forest permit needed to enter Jowlagiri Reserve Forest road ?

Trip map:
jowlagiri-route.png

PS: I'd have loved to go beyond Kodihalli to Hunasanahalli-Anchetty-Denkanikottai-Thally which has better road conditions, but I need to keep the trip short as I like to stop in village hamlets and admire countryside, yet need to finish the trip between 10am-5pm.

Thanks!

I did the Jawalagiri forest road just 3 weeks ago. From Jawalagiri, as you enter the forest, the roads are good. But as you reach the edge of the forest the roads became pretty bad, forcing me to turn back. From Jawalagiri towards Hosur the roads are good.

Top Bottom