Bangalore - Murudeshwara Info Required

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

am planing to test my City's potential with a long trip this long week end.

am planing to go to Murudeshwara from Bangalore. Here is what am planing to do

Route info and restaurants details are most welcome.

Attachments

Re: Bangalore - Murudeshwara Info Required.

Hi Gopi,

If you using the above said route, you can take a break by visiting some of the Hoysala Period Temples.
Some Places : Arsikere, Haranhalli, Belur, Halebidu. You may have a look on the below thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/17234-karnataka-one-state-many-worlds.html

As it is long holiday Weekend, Don't plan to look for any accomodation in Kollur. The acoomodation would be full. Better to stay anywhere in Murudeshwar. And start in the early morning to Kollur.

Between Jog Falls & Murudeshwar, you can visit a place called Idagunji.
Ganesha Temple, Idagunji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mhatobar Shree Vinayaka Devaru

Have a look from other thread. (I hope you saw this thread too).
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/18052-jog-falls-murudeswar-udipi-sringeri-mullayangiri-peak.html#post399993

If you travel so long, Why you want to miss Udupi & Mangalore? If possible you can cover it.

Thread Starter #3

Hi Gopi,

If you using the above said route, you can take a break by visiting some of the Hoysala Period Temples.
Some Places : Arsikere, Haranhalli, Belur, Halebidu. You may have a look on the below thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/17234-karnataka-one-state-many-worlds.html
Last Long weekend (Aug 15th) i did a trip to Belur & Halebidu, but Arsikere and Haranhali is in my mind for some times also would like to do a trip to Badami & Hampi once.

As it is long holiday Weekend, Don't plan to look for any accomodation in Kollur. The acoomodation would be full. Better to stay anywhere in Murudeshwar. And start in the early morning to Kollur.
Yes i booked room in RNS murudeshwar only.

Yes i got the same suggestion from my colleague who is from Shimoga itself, will visit idagunji.

Have a look from other thread. (I hope you saw this thread too).
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/18052-jog-falls-murudeswar-udipi-sringeri-mullayangiri-peak.html#post399993

If you travel so long, Why you want to miss Udupi & Mangalore? If possible you can cover it.
Yes i saw that thread from TurboZone, He is also travelling on same date/same route.

I might skip kollur & sringeri and will visit either Udipi or Gokarna in this trip. as i am planing to cover Kollur, Sringeri, Dharmastala & Horanadu on different trip

Last edited:

I might skip kollur & sringeri and will visit either Udipi or Gokarna in this trip. as i am planing to cover Kollur, Sringeri, Dharmastala & Horanadu on different trip
If you ask me between Udupi or gokarna, I choose Gokarna.
Fine. rest everything you have plannd well. Enjoy the ride. Come back with a travelogue. [;)]

During my Dec13 trip took the same route from Bangalore and stayed in RNS. Except for the sea view, nothing great as the room interiors look shabby.

Enjoy your ride. Be cautious while taking the ghat roads from Jog to Murudeshwar as you will find tempo guys driving very rashly.

Thread Starter #6
Guys am now in Murudeshwar with raining all the day. And also with a busted tyre last night it took 2-3 hrs for replacing spare tyre. Now I would like to know the safe route back home. Suggest me the best and safe route

Thread Starter #7
After a disaster y'day. I made the tubeless tyre to tube tyre and made that as spare. But worst is yet to finish as another tyre busted today some 40 Km's before sringeri but reached sringeri using that tyre which I made as spare.

Thread Starter #8
Hi All,

am back safe after 1030 kms trip. will write a Travelog seperately. now i have to check for 2 new tyres for my car.

Top Bottom