Chennai Anamalai Route Query

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Having a family function this month end at Anamalai. Can you please help me with a route from Chennai.

Route A - Chennai - Ulundurpet - Salem Bypass - NH47 - Pollachi - Anamalai
Route B - Chennai - Trichy - Dindigul - Palani - Udumalpet - Anamalai

The plan is to be there for lunch for around 2pm and the function starts at 4pm. Looks like this requires a 4am start in the morning if have to be there for lunch.

Looks like Valparai is very near and is there a facility of Jungle safari in Anamalai Tiger Reserve.

Thanks,

Regards,
Cous

Thread Starter #3
Re: Chennai Anamaial Route Query

Thanks. Is there any good accommodation to stay near anamalai which is economocal as well as decent.

Re: Chennai Anamaial Route Query

Route A - Chennai - Ulundurpet - Salem Bypass - NH47 - Pollachi - Anamalai
This is best route. But the question is how you reach Pollachi from NH47. Shortest route will be
Salem - Tirupur - Palladam - Pollachi,
but I prefer
Salem - Perundurai - Kangeyam - Palladam - Pollachi
Minimal traffic and roads are pretty good (From perundurai it will be only 2 lanes)

PS: please correct the typo in thread title.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
There was a change in plan wherein did a Chennai Thekkady Anaimalai Chennai trip and completed it today.

Chennai - Thekkaday - Anaimalai route have posted in separate thread.

Anaimalai - Pollachi - Palladam - NH47 - Avinashi - Perundurai - Sankari - Salem Bypass - AH43 - NH7 - Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri - Ambur - Vellore - Kanchipuram - Chennai.

Anaimalai to Palladam till you touch NH47 it is a 2 lane road and you have heavy traffic. Took me almost more than 1.5 hours for a stretch of 60 odd kms. Once you touch NH47 after cross 4 tolls of L&T it is a complete 4 /6 lane roads till you reach Chennai. No traffic till Kanchipuram. From L&T toll till Chennai took me 7.5 hours in this route. with break of 1 hour. Roads are excellent except for the occasional speed brakers from Palladam till Perundurai toll. Of course, from Wallajah you experience the roller coaster ride. Some patch work have been done in this stretch however way to go of this part of NH4.

Top Bottom