Suggestion For 4 Days Trip From Bangalore. Destination Undecided

Thread Starter #1
Hi Travel Guru Appu/Ram Sir and other respected members,

My In-laws are visiting us in August and I am planning to take them on a road trip for 4 days Tuesday Night ( Starting day) till Sat Evening ( return day).

I am considering these options:

1: Bangalore-Madurai-Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram- Bangalore.
or
2: Dakshin Karnataka ( I would like to include Coorg, Manipal, Mangalore etc but please suggest a solid plan for this.
or
3: A Trip to Kerela ( Please suggest places to visit)
or
4: Relaxed trip to Ooty and Kodaikanal.

Now ball is in your court and please advice the best place. My FIL is inclined for Rameshwaram and even I am keen for it. Is it possible to cover Banaglore-Madurai-Kanyakumari-Rameshwaram - Bangalore in 4 days during August.

Note : My MIL has knee issue so long walking or sort of trekking ruled out.

Thanks,
Alok

Last edited:
Re: Suggestion for 4 days Trip from Bangalore - destination undecided

the summer is still there in tamilnadu and we have been to kanyakumari 15-20 day ago in a bike trip. i must admit if you wanna see kanayakumari, this is not the time. it was too hot expect the evenings in kanyakumari. you can do bangalore-kanyakumari- bangalore in 4 days and still visit the places.

cool climate- it should be ooty-wayanad trip or coorg- the climate is very good now and with a bit of rain in ooty and wayanad.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

the summer is still there in tamilnadu and we have been to kanyakumari 15-20 day ago in a bike trip. i must admit if you wanna see kanayakumari, this is not the time. it was too hot expect the evenings in kanyakumari. you can do bangalore-kanyakumari- bangalore in 4 days and still visit the places.

cool climate- it should be ooty-wayanad trip or coorg- the climate is very good now and with a bit of rain in ooty and wayanad.
Thanks Praveen, the travel dates are in mid August.

Thanks Praveen, the travel dates are in mid August.
Hi

I would suggest Munnar and you can cover the place extensively in 4 days.

As of now the rain is not aggressive and in August we can't predict. However it will be a different experience even if it is raining. It will be more greenery so as the weather too. Make sure the people travelling with you can adjust the weather condition. Ooty and Kodai also will have the same weather more or less, but Munnar will be even cold.

Rameswaram, Madurai and Kanyakumari are more of a pilgrim place and we can't expect more of tourism and the weather in beaches and hill stations are extremes to their conditions.

If you can really take challenge then Munnar is the best out of your choices I would say.

Thread Starter #5
Thank you Ram Sir,

Since we are going along with parents, cannot we consider rameshwaram/Kanyakumari. I am feeling than my FIL is lil inclined for it.

Is there any issue during August month?

Ooty is good, but it's been the same for a long time and is quite boring nowadays.
Coonoor, Kodaikanal, Theni, Kotagiri, Munnar are better hill stations.
Also, we can even plan for a small meet if you come anywhere near Coimbatore.

Thank you Ram Sir,

Since we are going along with parents, cannot we consider rameshwaram/Kanyakumari. I am feeling than my FIL is lil inclined for it.

Is there any issue during August month?
Every place has got its own importance and identity. Of course you can consider Rameswaram and Kanyakumari too. TTDC offers decent accommodations at a reasonable tariff though not very great. If you are going to Kanyakumari you can consider Trivandrum also, can do it in a day. And from Rameswaram you can hire a 4 WD and cover Dhanushkodi which will be a memorable experience.

Thread Starter #8
Thank You Ram Sir. We made reservation in Hotel Tamilnadu in Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram.

I have one query : Howz road condition from Bangalore to Kanyakumari and is it safe for night driving. I am planning to start by 6 PM evening. In 4 hours including buffer time will Salem. I believe till Mandurai roads must be great. But would like to know your opinion on this.

I guess 2 days in Kanyakumari and 1 day in Rameshwaram should be enough. Yes we are planning to cover Trivendrum as it is just 90 KM from kanyakumari.

How long it will take to reach Rameswaram from kanyakumari.

Thank You Ram Sir. We made reservation in Hotel Tamilnadu in Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram.

I have one query : Howz road condition from Bangalore to Kanyakumari and is it safe for night driving. I am planning to start by 6 PM evening. In 4 hours including buffer time will Salem. I believe till Mandurai roads must be great. But would like to know your opinion on this.

I guess 2 days in Kanyakumari and 1 day in Rameshwaram should be enough. Yes we are planning to cover Trivendrum as it is just 90 KM from kanyakumari.

How long it will take to reach Rameswaram from kanyakumari.
The road condition is very good all the way, also TN roads are safe to drive in the night, you must be always alert as the lorry traffic will be more, but safe. If you are stopping for short nap do it near a petrol station of a toll booth, avoid stopping in isolated places. My TL will give you more information about the travelling hours; you can follow the date and time on the pictures

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-7-days-road-trip-ghost-town-end-country.html

I would recommend Bangalore-Madurai-Kanyakumari-Rameshwaram-Bangalore trip as one option.

I had done this route twice in the last one year. The drive is excellent, and the temples are good. Recommended temples are: Madurai-Meenakshi temple, KK-Suchindram temple and Padmanabhapuram palace, Rameshwaram-shiva temple and Dhanuskoti.

Here are some of my trip details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-kanyakumari-rameshwaram-bangalore-trip.html

The second one could consider from Bangalore-Trichy-Thanjore-Kumbakonam-Chidambram-Bangalore - with concentration mainly on temples.

Do consider this trip
Bangalore - Kukke subramanya - darmastala - sringeri - hornadu - belur - halebudu - Bangalore

Round trip - 1000kms.
Both nature + piligrimage trip..

2: Dakshin Karnataka ( I would like to include Coorg, Manipal, Mangalore etc but please suggest a solid plan for this.
Dakshin Kannada, Its rainy season and its raining heavily these days! Do this trip only if you are nature lover! Lots of greenery and adventure on the road. I would also add Darmasthala as you can stay overnight there it will be very scenic. Mangalore, you have couple of temples and beaches, but rainy season you should not venture into sea. Coorg is a nice add on as you can spend a full day at coorg and site seeing. Since its rainy season dont keep too many places just pick couple of places and enjoy.
1 to 1/2 days at Coorg, 1 day at Mangalore then 1 day at Dharmasthala and return back from Hassan route would be optimal IMO.

Thread Starter #13
Dakshin Kannada, Its rainy season and its raining heavily these days! Do this trip only if you are nature lover! Lots of greenery and adventure on the road. I would also add Darmasthala as you can stay overnight there it will be very scenic. Mangalore, you have couple of temples and beaches, but rainy season you should not venture into sea. Coorg is a nice add on as you can spend a full day at coorg and site seeing. Since its rainy season dont keep too many places just pick couple of places and enjoy.
1 to 1/2 days at Coorg, 1 day at Mangalore then 1 day at Dharmasthala and return back from Hassan route would be optimal IMO.
Yes I love lush greenery of Dakshin Kannada and more importantly I love people for that region. I spent my best 4 years in Manipal and memories are everlasting. Have visited most of places on bike during those days. Now time to go to all those places with faimily, most probably next trip would be there only.
Do consider this trip
Bangalore - Kukke subramanya - darmastala - sringeri - hornadu - belur - halebudu - Bangalore

Round trip - 1000kms.
Both nature + piligrimage trip..
Yes planning for but some time later.

I would recommend Bangalore-Madurai-Kanyakumari-Rameshwaram-Bangalore trip as one option.

I had done this route twice in the last one year. The drive is excellent, and the temples are good. Recommended temples are: Madurai-Meenakshi temple, KK-Suchindram temple and Padmanabhapuram palace, Rameshwaram-shiva temple and Dhanuskoti.

Here are some of my trip details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-kanyakumari-rameshwaram-bangalore-trip.html

Yes, Ram Sir, Appu and your travelogue has prompted me to select Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram.I feel driving in TN roads is always pleasure so there would not be any stress. BTW, how many hours you too from Kanyakumari to Rameshwaram?

I am planning to start from Kanyakumari by 6 AM and expecting to reach Rameswaram by 11 AM.

How long does it take from Rameshwaram to Bangalore. I would like to reach Bangalore by max 9-10 PM.

Under normal driving conditions and minimum stops for fueling man and machine it takes about 5 hours to cover 310 kms, from Kanyakumari to Rameswaram.

On my return journey from Rameswaram to Bangalore, it took about 11 hours to cover 604 kms with lot of breaks.

Thread Starter #15
Under normal driving conditions and minimum stops for fueling man and machine it takes about 5 hours to cover 310 kms, from Kanyakumari to Rameswaram.

On my return journey from Rameswaram to Bangalore, it took about 11 hours to cover 604 kms with lot of breaks.
Thank you Ram Sir, I have come up with more queries :

1: Time to travel from Kanyakumari to Trivendram. It is just 90 KM, so 2 hours would be fine?
2: Places to cover in TVD.

Thanks,
Alok

Top Bottom