Chennai - Delhi - Agra - Chennai Route Query

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Am planning for a drive from Chennai to Delhi and back in September. Would be driving in 110 Duster with my family. Please help me with the route, should be via Mumbai or via Central India. Enroute would like to visit Taj Mahal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Cous

Re: Chennai - Delhi -Agra -Chennai

Hi,

Am planning for a drive from Chennai to Delhi and back in September. Would be driving in 110 Duster with my family. Please help me with the route, should be via Mumbai or via Central India. Enroute would like to visit Taj Mahal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Cous
This has to be posted in Travel itinerary.

cous wheel -welcome to to TAI family

The shortest route may be

Nellore-Ongole-Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi

Friends there will update the road conditions between Hyderabad and Delhi

Attachments

Hi cous. I would suggest the route mentioned by Ram sir. I personally did the hyderabad- delhi stretch during my hyderabad to himachal trip last month and the route is in fairly good condition. The stretches that will slow you down will be betweeen adilabad- hinganghat and jhansi- agra. adilabad stretch due to bad road surface and jhansi stretch due to a combination of diversions and heavy traffic .

Thread Starter #4

This has to be posted in Travel itinerary.

cous wheel -welcome to to TAI family

The shortest route may be

Nellore-Ongole-Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi

Friends there will update the road conditions between Hyderabad and Delhi
Thanks Ram sir. Would there be a concern for safety in this route?

Thanks Ram sir. Would there be a concern for safety in this route?
I did this stretch on day time and it was absolutely fine except for the road condition. So get the updates.

Better to avoid night driving

Thread Starter #6
Thanks hyd safari for the inputs. Looks like it may require 2 night halts before reaching Delhi. Are there any decent accommodation and places to eat enroute as I am travelling with family.

Regards,

Cous

Thanks hyd safari for the inputs. Looks like it may require 2 night halts before reaching Delhi. Are there any decent accommodation and places to eat enroute as I am travelling with family.

Regards,

Cous
Between Adilabad and Gwalior stretch I could find few restaurants only in Narasimhapur on the NH. There are few cities in between like Nagpur, Sagar, Jhansi, Gwalior etc and accommodation won't an issue once you go into the city. On my way back from Agra to Bangalore I wanted to do in one shot, but I couldn't do it due to bad road conditions. We had to halt at Narasimhapur.

Make sure you get the updates of the road condition between Seoni and Gwalior.

Thread Starter #8
As there is no clear information on Central India route and there seems to be not enough restaurants enroute, Looks like the route is likely to be via Bangalore (NH4) - Mumbai - Vadadoara - NH8 - Jaipur - Delhi - Agra.

Thread Starter #9
How about taking either of the routes to avoid bad stretches of N-S corridor?

Chennai - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Indore bypass - Ratlam bypass - chittorgarh bypass - Delhi

Chennai - Bangalore - NH4 - Pune - Dhule - Indore bypass and proceeding in the route mentioned above.

Regards

Cous Wheels

Top Bottom