Route Suggestions: Bangalore - Madurai - Rameshwaram - Pondy - Bangalore Trip

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning a 4 day (July 05,06,07,08 ) trip to Madurai, Rameshwaram, Pondicherry and back to Bangalore.

Last year We (I, my wife & my one yr old son) made a nice & comfortable trip from bangalore to pondicherry[clap] becoz I took blr->vellore->arcot-> cheyyar->tindivanam->pond y route.

This time I want to visit madurai n Rameshwaram and then pond y on the way back to bangalore. (or reverse way).

For BLR -> Rameshwaram route information I had.
but from Rameshwaram to Pondicherry a very little information I am able to gather.

Kindly suggest me a good route between Rameshwaram -> Pondicherry.

This time I will be accompained by my wife, son & parents.

Rgards,
Rajan

Rameshwaram to Pondicherry.

If you look Google maps, you will get 3 suggested routes.

1. Rameshwaram - Melur (Madurai) - Trichy - Villupuram - Pondicherry.
This is the main connecting the road between the north Tamilnadu and south tamilnadu. This will have good roads with good amount of traffic.

2. Rameshwaram - Pattukottai - Mannargudi - Neyveli - Cuddalore - Pondicherry
As per my knowledge, this could be dry route to reach Pondicherry.

3. Rameshwaram - Muthupet - Thiruvarur - Mayiladuthurai - Chidambaram - Cuddalore - Pondicherry
You need not take a long trip. In this route you break your trip and see some places and continue your journey towards Pondicherry.

4. Rameshwaram - Muthupet - Velankanni - Nagapattinam - Nagore - Karaikal - Tharamgambadi - Poompughar - Sirkazi - Chidambaram - Cuddalore - Pondicherry.
If I do this journey, I will take this route. The most part of the road goes along with East coast (ECR). You will have a lot place to see before you reach Pondicherry. I included most of the famous places name in the route list.

Now choice is yours. If you like temples, visit the below link.
Kanjanoor Temple | Way To Temple | Sukran Temple (Navagraha Temples)

Once you decide the route, tell me. You can explore the places more. I will also inform you if you required. I believe the roads are in good conditions. Traffic will be very nominal.

On your way back to Bangalore from Pondicherry. Visit the below places too.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/17129-not-easily-seen-but-exceptional-temples-tamil-nadu-villupuram-dist.html

If you want more info, I will be happy to help you.

Thread Starter #3
Gandhi, thanks for the useful information & help.[:)]
WOw, There are number of famous places on your perferred route (sl.NO.4).
I was planning to take the good road route by which I can reach pond y in short time. After reading ur reply, I want to stop atleast three places in between.
So suggest me three such places (on the way to Pond y from rameshwaram) which I must visit.
I will leave from rameshwaram early morning ,around 6am.

Secondly, I am travelling with family (infant) kindly suggest some good veg hotels on the way.

Regards,
Rajan

Thread Starter #4
Hi,

In the first week of may2014, we visited tirupati . On the way, near Chittoor I saw a sign board showing direction for Vellore. Same I have checked on Google map , there is a route to vellore from Kolar (& chittoor).

Since I am staying in the north zone of Bangalore (hebbal) kolar route will be comfortable (and shorter) instead of reaching vellore via Hosur->krishnagiri.

Last year when I drove to pond y , I followed hosur->krishnagiri->vellore->arcot-> cheyyar->tindivanam->pond y. It took me around one hour to reach krishnagiri due to city traffic.
If kolar-> Vellore /Vellore-> Kolar route is safe and smooth then I would like to reach home(BLR) from pond y by this route.

Frnds plz comment on this asap.

Rajan

Rajan, as you travelling with your parents, I will flood the information with temples and some other good places. You can select the places which you want to see.

The below places from Rameshwaram to Pondy.
(As per me GOD is one, we have different path to reach him)
Group A
1. Velankanni - The Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health church (Velankanni Church & Beach)
2. Sikkal, Nagapatinam - Sikkal Singaravelan Temple.
3. Nagore - Nagore Dargah (Nagore Andavar Temple as Hindu's Call it)

Group B
1. Thirunallar, Karaikal - Saniswaran temple
2. Karaikal – Karaikkal Ammaiyar Temple
3. Tharangampadi – Danish Fort & Musem
4. Poompughar – Very ancient Tamil city
5. Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Very important place ( I don’t have words to describe)

Gropu C
1. Navagraha Temples. Suryanaar Temple | Way To Temple

Group D
1. Sirkazhi - Sattainathar temple
2. Vaitheeswarn Koil, Sirkazhi – Vaitheeswaran Temple, known for palm leaf astrology called Naadi astrology in Tamil
3. Chidambaram – Natraj Temple, Pichavaram Mangrove Forest.

Group E
1. Cuddalore – Silver Beach
2. Pondicherry – I think, you know about Pondy.

Pls google the above places and go thru the links which I have given already. All these places are a holy places & tourist attraction place. So you will get good Veg food in good hotels. Need not to worry about too much because quality will be good.

I thought of informing a Non-Veg hotel to have your lunch. Now I have skipped it. My recommendation is take more days if you require and try to cover the entire list. Definitely you and your parents will enjoy it.

If you want more information, you can write here. You can also PM me & call me.

Last edited:

Top Bottom