Bangalore - Kukke - Dharmasthala Trip By Car

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I am planning for a trip for the next weekend (sat and sun) for Kukke Subramanya and Dharmastala and back to bangalore with my family. I wanted to know the route conditions of the routes to kukke and Dharmastala whoever have recently visited these places and by car.

The route which is in my mind is "B'lore-Magadi-Kunigal-Hassan road". Others who know these routes well can please suggest me the better route even if it is a little longer to make my trip more memorable.

The car I would be driving is Tata Indica DLG Turbo, if this helps in guiding in the route. I will be starting by 3PM on Friday (20-June-2014).

Thanks all in advance.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Bangalore-Kukke-Dharmastala Trip by car.

Any sort of feedback from anyone knowing this route is most welcome. As the clock is ticking and I am left with only 5 days now to prepare for my journey.

Any sort of feedback from anyone knowing this route is most welcome. As the clock is ticking and I am left with only 5 days now to prepare for my journey.
Hi there, the route via Shiradi Ghat is in great condition.

The Gundya stretch in particular is in great condition, did the stretch 2 weeks back.

For more updates on route condition check here : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/16813-bangalore-mangalore-route.html

Thread Starter #4

Thanks a lot mukeshus for your timely response. I have gone through the link provided. Now just before travelling, my mind is settled and became strong to drive car by my own.

The post with all the clear pics which you posted over there was very informative and certainly grew my confidence levels now. Thanks a lot mukeshus for such detailed post.

Will post my experiences with the pics once i finish and come back over this weekend!!!

This is an alternate SH all the way till Kunigal, single lane road.

I prefer Nelamangala as i come via Gorguntepalya ORR, and easy for me to reach the start of highway.
I am aware of that route. Was curious to know why that route. Unless he stays very close to Magadi road, I wouldn't prefer it. Being single lane road it is slow, hence the question.

Thread Starter #8
Frenz, I completed this trip successfully. It was raining cats and dogs after Sakleshpur all the way to dharmasthala. A short writeup with pics would follow shortly once I am done with the write up [;)] Thanks for all the support you guys have provided especially mukeshus!

Hassan and instead of going further towards Shakaleshpur (initial plan was to go till Sakaleshpur then take a diversion towards Hanbal and join Charmadi) but took a right and went into the Hassan (spent additional 15 - 20mins to get out of town). There are sign-boards that lead towards the Charmadi and was finally reach to Dharmasthala by 8:30. Had a good darshan and was out by 9:15am. Started towards Kukke and plan was to visit the Kokkada (Ganesh temple) and reached slowly Kukke by 12:15pm. Had lunch and room was already booked for us and we hit the bed for some rest. Woke up around 5:30pm had a darshan and dinner and back to bed early as we needed to wake up early and we had got pooja booked. After the pooja and followed by darshan, started at 10:00am and took the Madkeri - Kushalnagar - Ramnathapura - Arakalagud - Holenarasipur - CR patna - Nelamangala - Bangalore. Including the lunch break we were in Bangalore by 4:15pm.

Top Bottom