Bangalore - Kannur Road Conditions

Thread Starter #1
Do we have any one who drive Bangalore-Kannur regularly?

Planning for a trip tomorrow morning to my Home. I need not go all the way to Kannur though. I need to take diversion at Iritty.

Read elsewhere that Hunsoor - Periyapatna - Anechowkur - Gonikoppal road better than the Hunsoor - Gonikoppal road. Traveling with my 6 month 'princess'.

Any frequent travelers ?

Thanks,

Do we have any one who drive Bangalore-Kannur regularly?

Planning for a trip tomorrow morning to my Home. I need not go all the way to Kannur though. I need to take diversion at Iritty.

Read elsewhere that Hunsoor - Periyapatna - Anechowkur - Gonikoppal road better than the Hunsoor - Gonikoppal road. Traveling with my 6 month 'princess'.

Any frequent travelers ?

Thanks,
appus, Last January, when I was coming from SR's place after the big adventure I took this roue. The roads are just OK other than few repair works going on somewhere.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Manoj & Ram sir. Manoj, hope you have received the PM to your message. Thanks.

I took the same route as I mentioned.

Bangalore - Mysore (Right turn at Columbia Asia )- Yelwala -Hunsur - Periyapatna- Turn left at Anachowkur circle (First circle after periyapatna) - Gonikoppal - Virajpet (not thru bus stand) - Makkoottam - Iritti (Not bus stand) - Srikandapuram - Naduvil (Right near mosque to bypass Oduvalli)- Karuvanchal - Alakode - Cherupuzha - Pulingome

Road conditions -
Bangalore - Mysore (As everyone know - Good roads with bad drivers & loads of humps)
Mysore - Hunsur (Roads are of great condition)
Hunsur - Periyapatna (Roads are decent with no potholes).
Periyapatna - Anechowkur checkpost 10-11KM (Motor-able - Not much vehicles - Off-roading kind of feel as you need to get out of the road and drive thru sides. Took almost 30 minutes but it was fun to drive. No bumper scratches if you go relaxed. The roads are wide enough and you get enough time to get out of roads if some lorry/heavy vehicles are coming thru it)
I heard that out of 10KM roads on virajpet-hunsur road , 3 km are not motor-able for small vehicle. It did not add too many km to my ODO as well. I think 6km more than the direct route.

Anechowkur - Gonikoppal - Virajpet - Iritti Roads are nicely tarred with zero potholes. Had to go go on less speed as locals were going crazy on those roads. Ghat section maintained well though. Have to be little careful on turns as some 'idiots' overtake !

354KM one side (Normally it used to be 343KM or so). 11KM may be because we did not go thru Srirangapatna - Yelwala as the road was closed in mid way (as per some info) + Periyapatna - Anechowkur route.

Over all, it was a pleasant & relaxed driving. Took 11.5 hrs while coming with 4 to 4 1/2 hrs of break.

Special thanks to Manoj !

Any recent updates on the road condition? Considering the dasara rush on mysore road, how about taking the road via Channarayapattana, kushalnagar to Kannur?

Thread Starter #5
Any recent updates on the road condition? Considering the dasara rush on mysore road, how about taking the road via Channarayapattana, kushalnagar to Kannur?
I have no clue on this road :(
I thing you should be fine if you start early morning (Max by 5-5.30AM). So you will exit Mysore maximum by 8AM.

I am planning to travel to Kasaragod on Oct 2nd.
I am just looking at different routes.
Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpura -Shiradi Ghat - Subramanya - Sulya - Cherkala - Kasaragod
&
Bangalore - Mysore - Madikeri - Jaslsoor - Sulya - Cherkala

I think Mukesh is the only person in this forum traveled on both routes :)

Hope you get the information soon (Bangalore - Kannur Road info needed- "google")

Last edited:

Top Bottom