Need Advice For Shiridi To Hyderabad Road Trip in Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 EX

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI-gers. My parents, cousin and myself would be travelling to Hyderabad from Shiridi and need some advice regarding route.

Source: Shiridi
Destination: Kukatpally, Hyderabad
Date: 13 Jul
Passengers: My parents, my younger cousin and myself
Route plan:
Shiridi -> Ahmednagar ->Tembhurni -> Sholapur -> Humnabad ->Zaheerabad -> Hyd

I have read few blogs and have decided against this route.
Shirdi – Ahmednagar – Jamkhed – Bhoom – Osmanabad – Tuljapur – Humnabad – Zaheerabad – Hyderabad
Mainly the stretch between Jamkhed to Bhoom as its very lonely and not safe.

Would start by 0800hrs from Shirdi. Planning to stop in Sholapur for a halt and then Next day start for Hyderabad. I will be driving mainly. My parents are accompanying me and my father drives Hatchbacks well but not so used to SUVs. He had his stint of driving the Safari during the recent Lonavala - Bhimashankar trip but for him the clutch is very tight and he had a ligament tear few years back in his left leg so he cannot use a harder clutch [sad]. I don’t want him to drive personally because of the pain which follows after he strains his leg.[confused] He intends to drive slow with minimum gear shifts and if I get rest for 3-4 hours then I can cover the remaining kms such that there would not be any stop in between.
It will be a first long trip in cars for my parents too so have to see what would be the situation.[thinking] If they would be comfortable doing a non-stop trip and if I am in a position to drive then I would surely cover up.

Planned a stop at Sholapur.

Shirdi to Sholapur (via Tembhurni): 317 kms
Sholapur to Kukatpally (via humnabad, Zaheerabad) : 285 km

Is the route good? Please let me know if there are other better routes and the approximate time taken to cover the distance. Thank you all in advance. Drive Safe.!

Ani

Welcome to Hyderabad !!

The route you have chosen is safe and clean, so stick to the same.

Since you are taking a break in Sholapur, you do not need to worry much of driving and since it is an SUV you will have great comfort. Please avoid night driving in this stretch as it will be crowded with travel buses and at times it is very difficult to drive when vehicles coming from opposite.

I drove from Pune to Hyderabad in a Indica during 2006 solo and reaching in 11hrs with 3 stops for tea and light lunch and road was very bad from Solapur to Hyderabad. But now I understand the road is good, however be little careful during solapur-Hyderabad stretch especially when you entire Karnataka state roads where people and cattle come on to the road so suddenly and there are few narrow stretches too.

Wish you have happy and safe journey[:)]

Thread Starter #3
Ani

Welcome to Hyderabad !!

The route you have chosen is safe and clean, so stick to the same.

Since you are taking a break in Sholapur, you do not need to worry much of driving and since it is an SUV you will have great comfort. Please avoid night driving in this stretch as it will be crowded with travel buses and at times it is very difficult to drive when vehicles coming from opposite.

I drove from Pune to Hyderabad in a Indica during 2006 solo and reaching in 11hrs with 3 stops for tea and light lunch and road was very bad from Solapur to Hyderabad. But now I understand the road is good, however be little careful during solapur-Hyderabad stretch especially when you entire Karnataka state roads where people and cattle come on to the road so suddenly and there are few narrow stretches too.

Wish you have happy and safe journey[:)]

Thank you brother.. its after almost 8 months that I am coming back to my city. [clap] Yes I agree the car is very comfortable. I have driven from Hyderabad to Pune in Jan 2014 and the road stretch after entering Karnataka till Sholapur is pathetic. It consumed a lot of time. My friend and I took 10 hours with two stops for tea and dinner.
Was just concerned about the road. Thank you again.!

Dear Anirudh,

+1 to Gurrala.

Welcome to hyderabad.

Only advise from my side is take sufficient rest whenever possible.

How many days are you available in Hyderabad.

Regards,
Kiran

Thread Starter #5
Dear Anirudh,

+1 to Gurrala.

Welcome to hyderabad.

Only advise from my side is take sufficient rest whenever possible.

How many days are you available in Hyderabad.

Regards,
Kiran
Yes Kiran. I will surely take sufficient rest. I will be available in Hyderabad for 03 days. Shall all the members meet up ? But we need to get all the members together and then plan as per convenience. What do you say?

We(Vikyjoshi,Rajiv9896,Vstorme with their 3 safari stormes) are planning for a informal meet this weekend in hitech city area. Please PM me your numbers so that I can inform you guys about the developments of a meet[:)]

Thread Starter #7
We(Vikyjoshi,Rajiv9896,Vstorme with their 3 safari stormes) are planning for a informal meet this weekend in hitech city area. Please PM me your numbers so that I can inform you guys about the developments of a meet[:)]
I have sent you a PM. Please check your messages. [:)]

Top Bottom