Planning a Road Trip To Allepy, Kerala

Thread Starter #1
Hi Fellows,

I am planning road trip from Bangalore to Alleppy & then Munnar & back to bangalore in first weekend (7th june). Just wanted fellow members advice on routes & eateries along the way.
We plan to start around 4 am in the morning. I am taking my Ecosport (ecoboost) for first long drive (read >1000km ). So any suggestion on things to do & not do will be welcome.
Any other suggestion to plan the trip is appreciated.

hi... welcome to alappey, visit kuttanadu.Try to get a room in alappey ramada, it just opemed a week back.. munnar is a beautiful and must visit place in Kerala. If u plan to extend the trip then visit kovalam in trivandrum.

Thread Starter #4
Thx ........

I have already booked hotels ...... I am looking for best route from Bangalore to Alleppy. I am planning to go vai NH7 and from Salem to Coimbatore -> palakkad -> Alleppy. But i have heard that road b/w Coimbatore and Palakkad is in bad shape and has high traffic.....
After little googling i have come across one of the more suggested route. from Avinashi -> Palladamp -> Pollachi-> Mutahamalada -> Allathur.

Any suggestions regarding travel itenary will be much appreciated.

After little googling i have come across one of the more suggested route. from Avinashi -> Palladamp -> Pollachi-> Mutahamalada -> Allathur.

We traveled a year back on the Avinashi -> Palladam -> Pollachi route upto Pollachi. The roads were good with less traffic.

No idea about Pollachi-> Mutahamalada -> Allathur.

• An early morning start will ensure BLR – Perundurai covered in about 4-5 hours. You can have breakfast at Saravanabhavan on the NH-7 on the left after Salem.
  • Take a deviation from NH-7 at Perundurai bypass towards Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi- Vadakkencherry where you join NH-47 back. By doing so, you avoid the traffic mess due to road widening mainly between Coimbatore and Palakkad.
  • Once you join the NH-47 back, you will have no issues all the way till Alapuzha. Once back on NH-47, especially beyond Trissur, you will have plenty of places to eat as well.
  • Once in Kerala, please don’t go beyond 80 kmph.

Thx ........

I have already booked hotels ...... I am looking for best route from Bangalore to Alleppy. I am planning to go vai NH7 and from Salem to Coimbatore -> palakkad -> Alleppy. But i have heard that road b/w Coimbatore and Palakkad is in bad shape and has high traffic.....

From Pollachi you can go via Govindapuram > Kollengode > Nemmara > Vadakkanchery - hit the NH and to Thrissur. The road is excellent with less traffic.

Thread Starter #8
Thnx Manoj for your detailed response ...... Including pit stops ..... Will follow the same route.

From Alleppy I am planning to go to Munnar. Is there anything I should take care of & will Google map route suffice ?

Also I will drive from Munnar to Bangalore any suggestion on that itinerary including pit stops will be of gr8 help ........

From Alleppy I am planning to go to Munnar. Is there anything I should take care of & will Google map route suffice ?

Also I will drive from Munnar to Bangalore any suggestion on that itinerary including pit stops will be of gr8 help ........
I have driven from kochi to munnar and the mobile gps was more than enough! Please avoid peak timings for the drive as I found that the traffic was on higher side. I hope you have already booked the accommodation in Munnar. It is better to have it booked before going as it is difficult to get a good room during the weekends. Well it happened with me so just putting up this point!

Alappuzha- Munnar:

Alappuzha- Kundannur [off NH-47 and Turn right towards Thripunithura] – Moovattupuzha- Kothamangalam- Adimali- Munnar

Munnar- Bangalore:

Munnar-Chinnakanal-Bodinayakanur-Theni-Dindigul-Salem-Bangalore
OR
Munnar-Marayoor-Udumalpettai-Kangeyam-Perundurai-Salem-Bangalore.

Top Bottom