To Ramoji Film City From Kottarakkara Kerala By Ecosport

Thread Starter #1
I am planning a trip to Ramoji Film city from Kottarakkara, kerala in the second week of may.

Total distance : 1230 KM (one way from my home to Ramoji film city)

Day 1 : home to Bangalore (641 km)

starting at 6am, expected to reach Bangalore by 4 or 5 pm

Route: Punalur, senkottai, puliyangudi, sankarankovil, kovilpatti, catch NH7 from kovilapatti, Madurai, Bangalore.

stay at Bangalore

Day 2 : Bangalore to Hyderabad via anathapur by NH7

starting at 10 am expected to reach Hyderabad by 4 or 5 pm. visiting hotel paradise for hyderabadi biriyani if possible, for dinner.

stay at Hyderabad

Day 3 : 9 am to 8pm at Ramoji film city. stay at Hyderabad

Day 4 : leaving back for Bangalore at 10 am, expected to reach by 4 or 5 pm.

stay at Bangalore .

Day 5 : leaving Bangalore for home starting at 6am expected to reach by 6pm.

Ford Ecosport Titanium sea grey completed 11k km

team consists of wife, son, my friends son and me. I am the only driver (legal driver as my son has completed 17, yet to obtain a license and I wont let my son drive on such routes)

1. I plan to do remapping from tune-o-tronics at Bangalore or prior to journey. (yet to contact them)

2. I would like to install projector headlamp with HID and DRL from Genome or srinivas (Hyderabad). you may guide me

3. Any TAIger who had been to Ramoji film city, who can guide me whether FASTRACK ticket (1999 plus tax) is worth/required against normal ticket (800 plus tax) as my period of visit is during the summer carnival time.

4. Any suggestion on places to visit, eat, purchase, route, toll etc.

last month I had a four day trip covering kanyakumari, rameswaram, Madurai. The road from kanyakumari to Madurai is in excellent condition, which inspired my for planning this trip as the main roads in kerala are very much congested

Expecting your guidance on above aspects.[confused]

Going all the way to Hyderabad and spending just one day in RAMOJI Film City? I heard there is lot of things to see and would be difficult to cover in 1 day. I was also planning for long time but getting postponed for some or other reason. Will visit there when I get lot of free time!

You will be really tired to drive back if you go all around in a day for sure. As you said you are the only one to drive, think of that too.

DO NOT MAKE your son to drive not only in this stretch - in any stretch even in your own premises. Let him be 18 and get license and then drive. Lets be responsible parents ! It is not just his safety, you need to worry about others safety as well !

Thread Starter #3
Going all the way to Hyderabad and spending just one day in RAMOJI Film City?

DO NOT MAKE your son to drive not only in this stretch - in any stretch even in your own premises. Let him be 18 and get license and then drive. Lets be responsible parents ! It is not just his safety, you need to worry about others safety as well !
thank you appus, Its only a sketch and waiting for guidance from you all and my friends. as u said I will increase the tour at least with two more days spending some time at Bangalore and Hyderabad.

I love to drive and the route is selected because of wonderful road. I will plan to avoid driving at night and take proper rest in between.

I wont let my son drive till he gets a licence as you said[clap]

Plan looks to be very tight. I would suggest to increase your stay at Hyderabad.
After two days of driving and next whole day you will be going to spend outside during this really hot summer. Man you will be exhausted.

Thread Starter #5
Plan looks to be very tight. I would suggest to increase your stay at Hyderabad.
After two days of driving and next whole day you will be going to spend outside during this really hot summer. Man you will be exhausted.
Sure Amit, my friends at Bangalore also suggested the same. I am planning to add a day each stay at Bangalore and Hyderabad for sight seeing. [clap]

any suggestion for places to visit at Bangalore ? had been to mysore last year.

Any one had been to Ramoji film city recently?[confused]

any suggestion for places to visit at Bangalore ? had been to mysore last year.
Inside Bangalore, you will find a lot of malls. Apart from malls, Tipu's summer palace,Bull' temple ,Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum,Wonder La can be visited.
Wonder la is a amusement park, you need to plan for whole day.

@Rajesh

I agree with Appus and amit here. A 1000+ trip just to see Ramoji film city is not that worth.

To be very frank Ramoji city is not that great for a person travel all the way from Kerala. There other things to see around Hyderabad are Charminar, Golkonda fort, Hussain Sagar boating, Lumbini park, hitech city, out ring road, birla mandir, birla planetarium.

Again the timing is not that good to visit Hyderabad as it is burning with heat like hell these days really, so you will get tired quickly and you can't enjoy the sight seeing too. So think about it once again.

Thread Starter #8
Inside Bangalore, you will find a lot of malls. Apart from malls, Tipu's summer palace,Bull' temple ,Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum,Wonder La can be visited.
Wonder la is a amusement park, you need to plan for whole day.
Thanks Amit, I will include Tipu's palace, museum, temple vidhan souda. Exclude wonderla as we had been to cochin wonderla many times.

@Rajesh

I agree with Appus and amit here. A 1000+ trip just to see Ramoji film city is not that worth.

To be very frank Ramoji city is not that great for a person travel all the way from Kerala. There other things to see around Hyderabad are Charminar, Golkonda fort, Hussain Sagar boating, Lumbini park, hitech city, out ring road, birla mandir, birla planetarium.

Again the timing is not that good to visit Hyderabad as it is burning with heat like hell these days really, so you will get tired quickly and you can't enjoy the sight seeing too. So think about it once again.
Thanks Gurrla74, Basically I love driving, that's why I chose this route. The road upto Hyderabad is very nice. As u rightly mentioned, the timing is not good as it is peak summer at Hyderabad.

have you been to ramoji film city? I need some guidance if yes.

I am planning a trip to Ramoji Film city from Kottarakkara, kerala in the second week of may.

Total distance : 1230 KM (one way from my home to Ramoji film city)

Day 1 : home to Bangalore (641 km)

starting at 6am, expected to reach Bangalore by 4 or 5 pm

Route: Punalur, senkottai, puliyangudi, sankarankovil, kovilpatti, catch NH7 from kovilapatti, Madurai, Bangalore.

stay at Bangalore
If you can stop and plan to visit on the way may be in Senkottai, sankarankovil, I can give some places to visit.

Thread Starter #11
Yes, I had been there twice[:)]
Gurrala74,is it required to take fast track tickets worth Rs1999 or normal tickets worth Rs800? In the site its shown with fast track tickets, direct entry to all rides and shows without waiting in queue, food and a/c bus. As summer carnival is going on from apr 24 to june 6, what is your advise?[confused]

If you can stop and plan to visit on the way may be in Senkottai, sankarankovil, I can give some places to visit.
Thanks Gandhi, I had been to courtallam waterfalls, sankaran kovil temple etc.
your suggestions are always welcome[clap]

Gurrala74,is it required to take fast track tickets worth Rs1999 or normal tickets worth Rs800? In the site its shown with fast track tickets, direct entry to all rides and shows without waiting in queue, food and a/c bus. As summer carnival is going on from apr 24 to june 6, what is your advise?[confused]
I am not sure about this summer cornival as what they cover. Both times I visited, I just parked my car at the entry gate and took the normal ticket and got into their bus which drops you in a center point in film city. From there there are free shuttles running all the time, so you can board in any one of that and get down at a place interesting to you and again take the next bus. Buffet dinner was much reasonable I think Rs.70/- person that time. So I suggest you buy the regular tickets and go according to you mood after going inside.[:)]

Thanks Gandhi, I had been to courtallam waterfalls, sankaran kovil temple etc.
your suggestions are always welcome[clap]
If you covered sankaran kovil temple, Courtallam falls good. May be you would covered this also?

Srivilliputhur

Maduari - Meenakshi Temple, Azhagar temple, Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
I am not sure about this summer cornival as what they cover. Both times I visited, I just parked my car at the entry gate and took the normal ticket and got into their bus which drops you in a center point in film city. From there there are free shuttles running all the time, so you can board in any one of that and get down at a place interesting to you and again take the next bus. Buffet dinner was much reasonable I think Rs.70/- person that time. So I suggest you buy the regular tickets and go according to you mood after going inside.[:)]
+1k Gurrala74, You saved my 4800 bucks (1200*4)
what is your suggestion for two days stay at Hyderabad ? 1 day at ramoji, next day? charminar? for purchasing BUDGET pearl ornaments jagadambika pearl house is ok? I had been to them 6 years back
I like to visit pardise hotel for biriyani.

If you covered sankaran kovil temple, Courtallam falls good. May be you would covered this also?

Srivilliputhur

Maduari - Meenakshi Temple, Azhagar temple, Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal etc
Had been to Meenakshi temple, Rameswaram and kanyakumari 3 weeks back.

I will surely consider other options you suggested

@Rajesh

Day 1 - Ramoji film city
Day 2 - Charminar, golkonda fort and come back before evening to birla mandir, hussain sagar boating, lumbini park, ntr garder all these places side by side so you can enjoy them in the evening.

For pearls, strictly don't try anything at charminar as you need lot of experience and local person assistance to buy there as they cheat you with price and duplicates. YES better to go to Jagadamba pearls near paradise which is a reliable shop by quality and price and you can also try eating paradise biryani. So to do this easily I suggest you to stay some where in Paradise circle as there are plenty of hotels around.

Top Bottom