Kolkata - Varanasi - Delhi: Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My name is Ken. I wish to ride from Kolkata to Delhi via Varanasi on my Harley. Yes, I plan to do this on my own. Im hoping to complete this journey in 2 days. Rest at Varanasi for the night and then proceed to Delhi.

I have done a max of 250-280km/day on my bike- but haven't really got tired after the ride. I could do more, but never needed to. Anyways, this will be the longest I have travelled.

Please give me any info regarding
Fuel stops (considering I have a max of 180kms I can do with a full tank)
Hotels in Varanasi near the highway.
Restaurants worth stopping at. Im not much of an eating guy. I look to eat well at Varanasi.
Finally the best and fastest (safest) route to take. I wish to leave Kolkata on 21st April, 2014, through Vidhyasagar Setu. I have done upto Palsit a couple of times with no problems at all.

Please help me out here with as much as possible. Im don't live much in India- but I can speak Hindi. No Bengali at all.

Looking forward to some very valuable suggestions.

Thanks guys!!

Hi Guys,

My name is Ken. I wish to ride from Kolkata to Delhi via Varanasi on my Harley. Yes, I plan to do this on my own. Im hoping to complete this journey in 2 days. Rest at Varanasi for the night and then proceed to Delhi.

I have done a max of 250-280km/day on my bike- but haven't really got tired after the ride. I could do more, but never needed to. Anyways, this will be the longest I have travelled.

Please give me any info regarding
Fuel stops (considering I have a max of 180kms I can do with a full tank)
Hotels in Varanasi near the highway.
Restaurants worth stopping at. Im not much of an eating guy. I look to eat well at Varanasi.
Finally the best and fastest (safest) route to take. I wish to leave Kolkata on 21st April, 2014, through Vidhyasagar Setu. I have done upto Palsit a couple of times with no problems at all.

Please help me out here with as much as possible. Im don't live much in India- but I can speak Hindi. No Bengali at all.

Looking forward to some very valuable suggestions.

Thanks guys!!
Hindi is something widely and extensively accepted accross the route..

Petrol bunks are plenty in between, so no issues.

However from Dhanbad on to Dobhi you might not get good pumps. Also the food joints are sort of scarce here.

You can stay in Assi Ghat area in Varanasi as that Ghat would be the closest to the Highway (the Varanasi bypass / Vishwa Sundari Highway)..

Thread Starter #3
Thank you... I shall look into the Hotels part in that particular area.
This areas your talking about where the fuel is not very good, Does it stretch for more than 150 kms?

Thank you... I shall look into the Hotels part in that particular area.
This areas your talking about where the fuel is not very good, Does it stretch for more than 150 kms?
Would be around 180 km. Its not that you wont find fuel station in between. But they look deserted and hardly frequented by vehicles.

You might find it in Barhi which is in between. Never checked but Barhi is an important junction in between and should have the pumps

Thread Starter #5
Alright good deal. Thanks!
Any hotels you can suggest which would be worth staying for the night. I don't intend going anywhere in Varanasi. So, a decent Hotel near the highway would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that last week of April become much hotter than now and specially that region ? (UP - Bihar - Delhi) - Sorry for the Unwanted Question.

And me too Ride up-to Palsit many times with my CBR250 but never got the courage to do such long rides.

Also like to know, Isn't Harley need the some special fuel to function properly like RON97 grade or higher ? Else the damage Fuel Injection system.

Last edited:

Top Bottom