Bangalore To Kanyakumari - 1 Day Route

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

First of all, apologies if I should have posted this to any of the existing thread, but couldn't find exact match to my requirement and latest status.

Here is my question: Can you please provide me route options to drive from Bangalore to Kanyakumari with target to reach on same day before sunset?

I will be traveling with a 2.5 yr kid.

Another important aspect is to have good roads as per the latest status.

Google map shows 3 options:

AH 43/NH 7, AH 43 and NH 7 (-Krishnagiri-Salem-Karur-Dindigul-Madurai-Kovilpatti-Tirunelveli-) - 664 km, 8 hours 44 mins
NH 209 and NH 7 (-Kanakpura-Chamrajnagara-Dindigul-Madurai-Kovilpatti-Tirunelveli-) - 729 km, 11 hours 29 mins
NH 7 (-Kanakpura-Erode-Dindigul-Madurai-Kovilpatti-Tirunelveli-) - 714 km, 11 hours 36 mins

Thanks.

Hello All,

First of all, apologies if I should have posted this to any of the existing thread, but couldn't find exact match to my requirement and latest status.

Here is my question: Can you please provide me route options to drive from Bangalore to Kanyakumari with target to reach on same day before sunset?

I will be traveling with a 2.5 yr kid.

Another important aspect is to have good roads as per the latest status.

Google map shows 3 options:

AH 43/NH 7, AH 43 and NH 7 (-Krishnagiri-Salem-Karur-Dindigul-Madurai-Kovilpatti-Tirunelveli-) - 664 km, 8 hours 44 mins
NH 209 and NH 7 (-Kanakpura-Chamrajnagara-Dindigul-Madurai-Kovilpatti-Tirunelveli-) - 729 km, 11 hours 29 mins
NH 7 (-Kanakpura-Erode-Dindigul-Madurai-Kovilpatti-Tirunelveli-) - 714 km, 11 hours 36 mins

Thanks.
No doubt and no confusion - first choice is the best

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-7-days-road-trip-ghost-town-end-country.html

As you are travelling with Kid, please start as early as possible. It is going to be a long journey with a kid especially. Food options are
1. A2B on left hand side, 30 mins approx after Hosur
2. Raja Bhojan on right side 2-3 km approx before Thoppur Toll.
3. Harris Restaurant at right approx 10-15 mins from Thirumangalam toll.
4. You can stop in Tirunelveli for next food break. Once you reach Tirunelveli at Vannarpet junction if you go below flyover there are couple of options with restrooms.

All these breaks are approx 2hrs distance except 2nd and 3rd, which may take longer. All options have cleaner toilets plus excellent place for kids to stretch (play). Option 1&3 have kids area too.

Traffic will be on Hosur (crossing RTO check post is a challenge itself), Krishnagiri(junction where diversion to Chennai), Salem City (you need to cross two circles go straight on both) and in Tirunelveli (hardly 5km) and then from Nagerkovil expect traffic.

Heard it rained in Tirunelveli. Please check the weather too.

Cheers.

I have one more question -

AR Ram Sir and rekharam ... How much is approx toll from

Bangalore - Madurai
Bangalore - Kanyakumari

I have all my receipts, I will check it and let you know. Its approx Rs.400 till Madurai. There are two tolls between Madurai and Tirunelveli should be approx 100. I don't have idea about Toll between Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari, need to check.

I will give you the exact toll amount in two days. Are you planning a trip to Kanyakumari?

Thread Starter #8
Thanks a lot Highway Ranger, AR Ram and rekharam.

rekharam the food related information and tips you gave are very helpful indeed.

Thanks!

I have all my receipts, I will check it and let you know. Its approx Rs.400 till Madurai. There are two tolls between Madurai and Tirunelveli should be approx 100. I don't have idea about Toll between Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari, need to check.

I will give you the exact toll amount in two days. Are you planning a trip to Kanyakumari?
May be down the line. Getting leave is a challenge as you know[frustration]

The first route on google map's is the best one. places to stop are sarvanna's near krishnagiri and lunch in a excelletnt hotel right after madurai toll gate on your right when you are moving toward's kanyakumari lovely place it even has a play area for children seperate veg and non veg food i go frequently to tirunelveli shimoga via bangalore i take 7hr's from bangalore to tirunelvelli i drive a fluidic verna sx diesel the toll is about 500rs till tirunelveli

Thread Starter #13
Hi all,

Thanks for your quick inputs we did a very refreshing (and short) Kanyakumari trip in my Punto last week.

Some info related to matters discussed in above posts:

Toll:
* Bangalore to Kanyakumari = Rs. 646
* Kanyakumari to Bangalore = Rs. 636 (10 rs less at electronic city elevated road)

Journey (took first option - NH7):
* To Kanyakumari - start @ 4 AM, reached TTDC Kanyakumari hotel @ 2:45 PM
- Breakfast @ Raja Bhuvan (as suggested by rekharam)
- Lunch @ Capsi, Rajapudukudi, before Pudukudi power house
- mileage 21.1 KM/ltr

* From Kanyakumari - start @ 8 AM (wanted to see sunrise), reached home @ 5 PM
- Lunch @ Dindigul
- mileage 17 KM/ltr

Total toll expense = Rs 1282
total diesel consumption = 70 ltrs ~ Rs 4200

Some notes of caution regarding NH7, which anyway apply generally:
- The road is excellent throughout but the gaps in median are very small at times
- In some cases, they are hidden between grass/plants
- In some cases, they appear just after a blinding curve
- At times, one needs to treat the road as a 2x2 lane ghat and the curve indications are not put up consistently and do not follow the convention to indicate sharp curves (as you would generally see on Goa/Konkan routes).

Thread Starter #15
I see 2 possibilities:

1) My tracks (GPS recorded) shows the elevation as ~ 900 mtr (Kanyakumari ~ 0m, Bangalore ~ 900m), thus, I was mostly traveling uphill on way back.

2) Actual driving time ~ 9 hrs to Kanyakumari v/s 7:50 hrs on way back with more traffic (esp after Madurai).

As can be seen from 2 above, there was considerable heavy footing involved on way back with higher peak speeds, in fact, till Madurai, I had got to as low as 16 Km/ltr and then I switched to economy drive mode (for about an hour) to make amends :)

Top Bottom