Bangalore To Madhugiri Fort (Savana Durga)

Thread Starter #1
One day we woke up around 9AM and it was start of a lazy weekend.Suddenly we decided to go somewhere as we were getting bored and weather was perfect for some long trip.
We searched some places and finally we decided to go to Madhugiri fort(Savana Durga).It was 130 kms from our place.

After having breakfast we started at 11.30AM from Kundalahalli, took Outer Ring Road and headed towards Yashwantpur. Near Yashwantpur there is one
railway crossing where flyover work was in progress so stucked in some traffic jam. From Yashwantpur we took Tumkur road and continued for
62 Kms on a tolled road (3 Toll nakas were there, first INR20, second INR17, third INR 17.) and then took right turn, there was a sign board for Madhugiri.
After this, road was not good, it was narrow two lane road, which was mostly patched and had a few deep potholes. There were a lot of state and private buses on the road and no shoulder on was there. Overtaking was bit difficult, but people were giving side.
Madhugiri State Highway road condition:
Madhugiri road condition - YouTube

We reached Madhugiri fort around 2.30 PM. We parked our car just near the entrance of fort. Upon entering the fort, locals warned us about notorious people gambling in the fort and it is not safe to climb to the top. They pointed us to some location upto where it was safe to go with family [frustration] . That spoiled our mood, although there were court and police station at the base of fort but we decided to climbed up to the safe point and not to take risk with family.
We spent some time there and then around 4PM we started our return journey and reached Bangalore around 7PM.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
Nice set of Pics Mate[clap] and I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time there :)

BTW,The last pic is just Awesome[clap]
Thanks Vinoth for liking the photo.
We couldn't trek to the top because some notorious people were present at hill top. Although court and police station were there at the base of fort but top was still far away to get any help.
We didn't take any risk and learnt a lesson that one should always go in a group to a isolated place.

Sad thay you didn't reach top. I have never been to this place. Seems a good place for our next meet, where we can go as a group.

Thread Starter #7
Finally I was able to reach to top of Madhugiri fort [:D].Because of bad experience last time, I decided to go Madhugiri fort with my friends and enjoy bachelorhood again[;)].
On 28th December, along with my two friends, I have started from Bangalore at 6.30AM, had breakfast on the way and reached Madhugiri fort by 9.15AM. SH3 Road condition is improved from my previous trip to Madhugiri and Road widening is also going on. Weather was pleasant and fog was there on the top of hill. This time crowd was there and lots of people were tracking including kids (6-12 Yrs).

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
pics continued.

Attachments

Top Bottom